Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

23 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

How the finish in conference doesn’t really matter.   Conference record isn’t taken into account.  Full body of work.   Nebraska finished 13-5 one year and 4th and got left out 

Ultimately they can consider just about anything they want. They needed an amazing conference season to offset their pre-conf play. The higher they finish certainly can’t hurt them in the eyes of some voters.  

But I had forgotten about that Nebraska team. After looking them up they closed out the season going something like 7-1 versus the dregs of the B1G. And when I say “dregs” I mean pretty much the whole Big ten. Holy crap was the conference bad that year. Even though Nebraska tied for 4th, nobody behind them made the tourney either.  

Maybe I should’ve said “it’s rare for a 4th place team in a deep and good conference to miss the tourney, even despite a bad non-conf.”

This Sparty/Maryland game intrigues me.  If Maryland wins they play Michigan.   If Sparty wins they would play Maryland again.  If Sparty tanks you know that they would rather play IU instead of Maryland again 

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Nebraska up 3 with 34 sec.  The fact that Nebraska got Kohled about as bad as I have seen.  This is an amazing comeback by them 

Hepburn missed it.  Nebraska is going to win 

14 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

This Sparty/Maryland game intrigues me.  If Maryland wins they play Michigan.   If Sparty wins they would play Maryland again.  If Sparty tanks you know that they would rather play IU instead of Maryland again 

Michigan State isn’t playing well enough to have to tank games.

Who is the 1 seed next week if Illinois beats Iowa tonight?  I was hoping IU would get a crack at Wisconsin if they won the 8/9 game. Don’t like our chances against Cockburn and the Illini as much. Especially if Johnny Davis is out.