Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

41 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Right, let's not call it a "punch."  It was some sort of girliman slap.  

But rather than fire, suspend, etc. treat them like the babies that they are.  Just put the two the them at center court, shirts off, and wiffle ball bats in hand.  They can take turns smacking each other with plastic bats (no head shots) and all the money goes to charity.  What a way to start off the Big 10 Tourney.  

Let's keep the shirts on.

I recall seeing a shirtless Juwan scrimmaging with MJ and the boys during "The Last Dance." And he was fine.

But now you've put an image of Greg Gard without a shirt in my mind. I just vomited in my mouth. Twice. 

30 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

See, rather than do something as pathetic as that, I’d rather they just say, “ Yeah, no, we’re not doing anything about this. We’re cheap, dirty instigators. That’s our brand. F you if you don’t like it.” At least it would have the virtue of honesty. 

12 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Greg Gard getting fined $10,000 is just flat stupid.  Fine's don't effect coaches.  If it's fineable, it's suspendable.

Idk…he won’t start making money again until like the under-4 timeout on Wednesday. In the words of American Hero Joe Exotic; “I’ll never financially recover from this.”

February for us has... Sucked... But before February... Not as doom and gloom...

2017: 14-8(4-5) Creans last season. At this point, could still have made some noise and had wins over Kansas, North Carolina and Michigan State. Some bad losses so it would have been an uphill battle but we were on the edge of the cliff and hadn't fallen just yet I guess... Probably holding onto the edge of the cliff ..

2018: 12-11(4-5) Archie's first year. The embarrassing losses to Indiana State and IPFW by 20. That season really had no hope after game #1. That pretty much set the tone for Archie's time at Indiana. 

2019: 12-9(3-7) We were already on a 7 game losing streak going into February. Sad thing is, before that were 12-2(3-0) and ranked in the Top 25.

2020: 15-6(5-5) This season had some hope. A minimal amount. We had lost two games at the end of January, the 1 point loss to Maryland(the day Kobe died) and then a 15 point loss to a ranked Penn State. That followed by a 9 point loss to OSU, 12 point loss to PU, 12 point win against Iowa and a 24 point loss drubbing from Michigan. But this team ended with some of making the tourney until everyone dreams were smashed and we all ended up watching reruns of games all summer. 

2021: 9-7(4-5) No hope last season. It ended even worse. But even going into February, there was zero hope. 

2022: 14-5(7-4) We actually had hope this year! Actually had somewhat of a decent feeling heading into February. The problem was... It became February. And we are on a 5 game losing streak in the month of February. Now the season is quickly coming to an end. 

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

2021: 9-7(4-5) No hope last season. It ended even worse. But even going into February, there was zero hope. 

Everything else you said about the other seasons was spot on but saying there was no hope last year would of been false.   IU was 12-9 (7-7) mid February with playing a top 5 SOS in a shortened season going into the Sparty game who was (4-9) in league play.     Sparty won out pretty much and got in being 2 games over .500 and IU lost out finishing 12-15.     IU was setting in a good spot heading into that game.   The rest is history but there was hope that year also