Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

37 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Because Maryland even being winless has more talent then Northwestern.   Just my opinion but if I was picking between those 2 teams I would pick marylands roster over northwesterns.  Pretty sure Nance fouled out in 2OT.   Doesn’t help Nance missed a FT in regulation that would of put them up 1.   Definitely whatever Collins setup  at the end of the first OT out of a timeout didn’t help. 

Good win for Maryland.   It will bump their NET up which is good for other B1G teams.   Northwestern will probably take a hit but a road game their will still be a Q2 

Nance I don't believe fouled out in the second OT.  He twisted his ankle with a couple of minutes to go and went to the locker room.  He came back in with about 30 seconds to go and hit about a fifteen footer but he definitely was still bothered by the ankle.  Something to watch going forward.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Because Maryland even being winless has more talent then Northwestern.   Just my opinion but if I was picking between those 2 teams I would pick marylands roster over northwesterns.  Pretty sure Nance fouled out in 2OT.   Doesn’t help Nance missed a FT in regulation that would of put them up 1.   Definitely whatever Collins setup  at the end of the first OT out of a timeout didn’t help. 

Good win for Maryland.   It will bump their NET up which is good for other B1G teams.   Northwestern will probably take a hit but a road game their will still be a Q2 

USPS, they lost AT HOME to a WINLESS Maryland team!!

How much longer does Collins get in Evanston?

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Collins is a good guy that's been there a while, so I'm guessing they let him finish out the season. But that's gotta be about it.

Hey, this isn't Lake Wobegon; everyone can't be above average in conference. That's why Northwestern and Nebraska play B1G basketball.

20 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Maybe not that much longer but in all honesty he did something in Evanston that no other coach could do.   He got that program it’s first NCAA appearance and won a game in the tourney.    If I’m people in charge be careful what you wish for.    Not sure how much better they could do 

6 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Northwestern is a tough place to coach. They have had a couple of decent seasons over the years but for the most part they have been the doormat of the conference. If Collins can't sustain success there it is hard to imagine who might.

True, but there are recruits to be had nearby. Compared to Nebraska and Penn State you'd think they'd have a chance.

Collins has 3 more years from his mega deal he signed after making the tourney at 3 mil/yr. But on the other hand, NW hired a new AD this past spring and their prez is retiring this summer. NW is private so its tough to find buyout numbers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Nance I don't believe fouled out in the second OT.  He twisted his ankle with a couple of minutes to go and went to the locker room.  He came back in with about 30 seconds to go and hit about a fifteen footer but he definitely was still bothered by the ankle.  Something to watch going forward.

I fell asleep at the start of 2OT.   Planning on watching what I missed when I get home 

13 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

So MSU is down a point to Minnesota at about the same juncture we were the other day. 

I wonder how many MSU fans are complaining about effort and consistency right now. 

I wonder if the players had a meeting after the game to talk about their (lack of) effort and listening to their coach.

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But Mizzou’s 49-15 halftime deficit last night was real!   

3 made shots in 20 mins. But 8-8 from the line.