Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

16 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Down goes Baylor, which had been the last undefeated team this season.

Which brings me to one of my favorite annual traditions on this board—a picture of the last undefeated college basketball national champions:

D042CC4E-9D04-46B3-9BA0-5D455E182FC0.jpeg

We be petty sons of *******, and I'm here for it.

15 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

And Nebraskaball loses by double digits to Illinois.

I believe the game was tied when Cockburn went to the bench with four fouls and four minutes left at 67-67.

With Cockburn on the bench the last four minutes, Illinois outscored Nebraska 14-4.

It's hard to win (on the road) in the Big 1.o.

38 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

It's hard to win (on the road) in the Big 1.o.

Okay -- I'll bite -- is Illinois the BiG 1.o that you keep referring to? I thought "the Big 1" that gets favoritism may have been OSU, or MSU, or Purdue, or UM. Maybe it's Illinois though, or Penn State.

Or is it different teams that represent the "Big 1" in different sports? Is Iowa the Big 1 in wrestling (I suspect)? 

edit -- also -- why is there a "o" at the end of the "1"? Is the Big1 a certain team, and the Big 1.o a different team? Does the lower case "o" denote that they really aren't the "Big 1" after all?!?

It's all very confusing!

image.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Okay -- I'll bite -- is Illinois the BiG 1.o that you keep referring to? I thought "the Big 1" that gets favoritism may have been OSU, or MSU, or Purdue, or UM. Maybe it's Illinois though, or Penn State.

Or is it different teams that represent the "Big 1" in different sports? Is Iowa the Big 1 in wrestling (I suspect)? 

edit -- also -- why is there a "o" at the end of the "1"? Is the Big1 a certain team, and the Big 1.o a different team? Does the lower case "o" denote that they really aren't the "Big 1" after all?!?

It's all very confusing!

image.jpeg

right-now-im-in-a-state-of-mind-state-of

Watching a Memphis game is a trip.   They will overwhelm for periods with talent.  They will turn it over faster then i post updates in this thread.  They are so undisciplined they will let every team to stay in it but talented enough to make things interesting. Lol.   They were down 19 cut to 9 then went back down 17 and are currently down 11.   Wild