Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Big problem is how bad they have looked on the road.  They had a couple of very beatable opponents in non-conference in DePaul and UMass but they came up short in both.  They weren't close against Illinois, Seton Hall, and Penn State.  I realize that IU has only the single neutral court victory, but the losses they have had so far were by 2 in double OT, and five and three points.  While I'm concerned about IU winning on the road for the resume, with Rutgers that is a huge concern because they're already lost six and have eight more road games.
That and the loss at home to Lafayette....who is now 3-10.

That and we’re comparing ourselves to Rutger

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

That and we’re comparing ourselves to Rutger

I guess some compare but others just watch each team for who they are and don’t worry about comparing teams to each other or at least that’s what I do 

Illinois 7-0 run with Cockburn on the bench with four fouls.  Illinois up 72-65 with  2 1/2 minutes to play.
Nebraksa doing Nebraska things.  And this IS a team with talent.....good recruiting class and solid transfers.

(Crosses fingers) I hope we’re not their first Big 1.o win.

9 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Is Rutger a tourney team?!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No they dug themselves a hole but they will have enough opportunities that if they get hot they could make it interesting.  Long way to go but possible.   Sparty was 4-9 in the B1G at one point last year before they went on run a snuck in.  Who knows 

11 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Loyola is going to be that lucky team that wins close games they shouldn’t win.   valpo couldn’t inbounds the ball 2 straight possessions and Loyola forces OT where I expect them to win 

2OT Loyola just hit a big 3 to tie it up and Valpo missed the last shot 

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

(Crosses fingers) I hope we’re not their first Big 1.o win.

Getting bad flashbacks to a few years ago when we ventured west to play 0-9 Illinois and Josh Newkirk spent most of the game throwing passes to people in the crowd. 

14 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Down goes Baylor, which had been the last undefeated team this season.

Which brings me to one of my favorite annual traditions on this board—a picture of the last undefeated college basketball national champions:

D042CC4E-9D04-46B3-9BA0-5D455E182FC0.jpeg

Woody during his presser today was asked about this year's last undefeated losing and the legacy of the 1976 team:

"(Smiles) I know that records are meant to be broken, but that's one record I hope is never broken."

43 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Woody during his presser today was asked about this year's last undefeated losing and the legacy of the 1976 team:

"(Smiles) I know that records are meant to be broken, but that's one record I hope is never broken."

I hope it is and it's by one of his IU teams in the next few years.