Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

44 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

He also wasn't in the top 100 of 247's composite so not like he was viewed as a surefire talent.

Wasn’t a talent question. At least when I watched him, he had 3 obvious areas of concern: 1) He was almost comically averse to playing through contact, to the point that he would make easy finishes into tough ones. , 2) He was selfish. 3) If he wasn’t scoring, he wasn’t defending. To his credit, he seems to be taking to Brey’s coaching and has made great strides.

Wasn’t a talent question. At least when I watched him, he had 3 obvious areas of concern: 1) He was almost comically averse to playing through contact, to the point that he would make easy finishes into tough ones. , 2) He was selfish. 3) If he wasn’t scoring, he wasn’t defending. To his credit, he seems to be taking to Brey’s coaching and has made great strides.

Good breakdown. I saw much the same. Plus he liked to let it fly and would miss his fair share of 3s. Often times without any offense being ran.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Him openly criticizing IU’s offense during the season in interviews didn’t help.  Talent was always there but the stuff you pointed out along with what he said basically had the old staff pass on him.   Looks like they should of probably kept pursuing 

Not sure it would’ve made a difference, but surely no one thinks he was wrong about the CAM staff’s offense

9 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

IUPUI isn't going to win a game all year.  Just don't have anyone talented whatsoever, and doesn't help IUPUI won't put down the money to give the program any help with recruitment or media presence.

Almost won tonight.  Tied with less then 1 min until UIC hit a big 3.   Robert Morris is in their league and they are bad.   They will get a D1 win before the year is over.   They got 1 win against a non D1 team 

14 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Almost won tonight.  Tied with less then 1 min until UIC hit a big 3.   Robert Morris is in their league and they are bad.   They will get a D1 win before the year is over.   They got 1 win against a non D1 team 

But the NCAA doesn't count that win against Spalding, and neither do I.