Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Lol I’m dying listening to this Maryland student just cussing it up and Mic picking it up during the broadcast.   Entertaining 

Little annoying

Does anyone know if Blake Wesley is widely regarded as a potential one-and-done late first rounder, or is Bleacher Report going out on a bit of a limb here?  I knew he was exceeding expectations as a freshman but I didn't know he was getting this type of consideration.

image.png.fde262b3dbbf1d78d3bd536c12b73b95.png

4 minutes ago, craigyv88 said:

Does anyone know if Blake Wesley is widely regarded as a potential one-and-done late first rounder, or is Bleacher Report going out on a bit of a limb here?  I knew he was exceeding expectations as a freshman but I didn't know he was getting this type of consideration.

I saw that as well.  It seems insane to me, but I always question the GMs.  lol.  He has the athleticism to be appealing, so I can see why someone might take a flyer with him. Apparently, he is credited with Notre Dame's uptick in success with his playing time as well.   

23 minutes ago, craigyv88 said:

16. Memphis Grizzlies (via LAL)

Blake Wesley | 6-5 guard | 19 years old | Notre Dame

Another big-time riser. Blake Wesley wasn’t seen a ton in high school despite being a top-70 recruit who decided to stay home in South Bend and attend Notre Dame. Having said that, he’s one of those guys who could either end up in the back half of the lottery or end up going back to school as scouts try to get a handle on him. The thing that has stood out most to evaluators is Wesley’s comfort in half-court settings getting buckets and creating offense for himself. He is arguably the freshman in this guard class most capable of creating his own look out of ball screens and isolation. The big question, though, is the jumper. Wesley has fine numbers going back to high school, but his shot comes out a bit flat. He needs to keep working through that, but his feel for getting a shot off the bounce has already started to really give him value to NBA teams.

From Sam Vecenie at The Athletic last week.

Why didn't someone think of this sooner?  Makes sense to me.

The Atlantic 10 is petitioning the NCAA to allow players that are redshirting this season limited participation without jeopardizing a full year of eligibility to help combat COVID roster shortages.

31 minutes ago, craigyv88 said:

Not sure how good of a site it is, but Nbadraft.net has him going top 10!

11 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Not sure how good of a site it is, but Nbadraft.net has him going top 10!

Wow, it must be at least somewhat unanimous then.  Which is pretty nuts as if I remember correctly by the end of his recruitment just about everyone but ND had backed off.

Wow, it must be at least somewhat unanimous then.  Which is pretty nuts as if I remember correctly by the end of his recruitment just about everyone but ND had backed off.

People backed off because he was considered a ND lock for quite some time. That, and his mom is bat **** crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

36 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

People backed off because he was considered a ND lock for quite some time. That, and his mom is bat **** crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Him openly criticizing IU’s offense during the season in interviews didn’t help.  Talent was always there but the stuff you pointed out along with what he said basically had the old staff pass on him.   Looks like they should of probably kept pursuing