Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Cuse just pulled an IU.   First half at Miami they looked really good and was up 14 at half.    5 min into the second half they were down 1.    Now they are down 8 with 9 min to go.    If Miami wins they will be 4-0 in the ACC and not have a good enough resume to make the tourney.  Acc is down 

watching a lot of games and realize that most teams are just a like and there is very little variety in college basketball.  There are no real great teams, and every team plays the same on the offensive end, so it makes for a lot of up and down play from game to game or even during the game.  I think some of the problems is that on offense that everyone wants to use analytics that says you should shoot 3's or layups.  Also, I just think 30 second shot clock is not enough time and would love to go back to 45 seconds. It still eliminates teams from holding the ball, but it still allows teams to run an offense.  There is way too much dribbling in the game today and the lack of player and ball movement drives me crazy.  I just think the product we see on the court today in college is so down compared to the 80's and 90's. I don't see it getting any better because of the transfer portal and guys leaving early for the NBA.

I still like the college game and watch a lot of games, but it is just not as fun watching the game of basketball than it used to be for me.  I have Covid for the third time, so I have a lot of time on my hands.  I have been watching a lot of games from the 80's and 90's and the game does not even look the same. The type of offense and the kind of shots were so much better back then.  You had very little dribbling and you moved the ball by the pass.  You had players moving and setting off the ball screens to get your shooters open.  There were very little ball screens, and you didn't see 3 of your players just standing around waiting for the guy to drive.

Sorry for my rant but I just don't like the path that basketball is on.  I have been watching college basketball for 50 years and it is my passion, so i hate what the game has become.

watching a lot of games and realize that most teams are just a like and there is very little variety in college basketball.  There are no real great teams, and every team plays the same on the offensive end, so it makes for a lot of up and down play from game to game or even during the game.  I think some of the problems is that on offense that everyone wants to use analytics that says you should shoot 3's or layups.  Also, I just think 30 second shot clock is not enough time and would love to go back to 45 seconds. It still eliminates teams from holding the ball, but it still allows teams to run an offense.  There is way too much dribbling in the game today and the lack of player and ball movement drives me crazy.  I just think the product we see on the court today in college is so down compared to the 80's and 90's. I don't see it getting any better because of the transfer portal and guys leaving early for the NBA.
I still like the college game and watch a lot of games, but it is just not as fun watching the game of basketball than it used to be for me.  I have Covid for the third time, so I have a lot of time on my hands.  I have been watching a lot of games from the 80's and 90's and the game does not even look the same. The type of offense and the kind of shots were so much better back then.  You had very little dribbling and you moved the ball by the pass.  You had players moving and setting off the ball screens to get your shooters open.  There were very little ball screens, and you didn't see 3 of your players just standing around waiting for the guy to drive.
Sorry for my rant but I just don't like the path that basketball is on.  I have been watching college basketball for 50 years and it is my passion, so i hate what the game has become.

Agree

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You'll turn yourself into a grumpy old man going down this path.  Embrace change, live in the now, and stop getting Covid!

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If you can't run an offense in 30 second, there is an issue. 30 seconds is a long time. Still plenty of movement that can be made. But, it's just not what kids know now. They don't know how to move off ball, pass and cut etc. They see the highlights of step backs. They all want to be Curry but don't want to put in the work off the court or the off ball work he puts in. They just want the result he gets. 

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You can thank AAU for that!!!

https://wccsports.com/watch/?sid=475739
Only place to watch San Francisco/Loyola game today.   Both their games got cancelled and t he worked quickly to set up a non conference game on a neutral court.   Smart move by both teams.  Game that will help the winner and won’t penalize the loser.  Loyola is 19 and San Francisco is 32 in the NET.  Should be one of the games of the day 

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ace Baldwin knocks down a 3 with 6 seconds to play, and VCU swipes a 53-52 win over Dayton at UD Arena.   VCU won the game shooting just 2 free throws to Dayton’s 27!

(Must have been the Kohl Center officiating crew hired by Dayton)

It was pretty noticeable down the stretch.  I’m surprised they didn’t call a foul on daytons putback attempt at the buzzer 

I talked about this earlier the Southland is kicking off conference play today with all 8 teams in a tournament.   Starts at noon on espn+.   Outside the box thinking.  Bringing attention to a low major conference.  Major props for doing that.    Nicholls will be the favorite but watch out for Texas A&M CC 

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I don’t see how that doesn’t just add 15 seconds of more dribbling.