Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

13 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Gardner-Webb up nearly 20 on Georgia (!!) with 1:30 to go in the 2nd.  Not sure Tommy makes it out alive from this season...

Just saw the final score and thought the same thing. ... Barring some remarkable turnaround or winning the SEC tourney, I don't see how he stays past this season. 

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just watching the LSU vs Auburn game the difference in size and the type of athletes are so different than in the big ten.

Had a similar thought myself watching.  I was doing more of a comparison to that type of athlete and what we currently have. 

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

Texas freshman Jaylon Tyson enters the transfer portal.  He was ranked 31st in the 2021 class.

Started the year with 11 points in 14 minutes on 5/5 shooting against Houston Baptist.  Has barely played since -- 41 minutes, mostly in blowouts and shooting 1/10 and having several DNPs.

Hasn't that happened before with a 5 star player under Beard at TT?

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Hasn't that happened before with a 5 star player under Beard at TT?

That I didn't know, had to look it up.  Yes, it has -- Nimari Burnett was a five star freshman who transferred from Texas Tech in the middle of last season.  In Burnett's case, he was actually getting playing time -- probably more than deserved based on what he had done on the court.  He was shooting 28% from the field, 18% from deep and had more turnovers than assists but was getting 18 minutes per game.  He's at Alabama now but will miss the season with knee surgery.

Louisville wins it.  I would give an assist to the time keeper.  Louisville misses a shot with 26 sec to go and gets the offensive rebound.  Shot clock should of reset to 20 sec and wake could of played out the possession to get the ball back but time keeper just shut the shot clock off and Wake had to foul.  Who knows if they would of got the stop and score with 6 sec but crazy ending 

42 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Louisville wins it.  I would give an assist to the time keeper.  Louisville misses a shot with 26 sec to go and gets the offensive rebound.  Shot clock should of reset to 20 sec and wake could of played out the possession to get the ball back but time keeper just shut the shot clock off and Wake had to foul.  Who knows if they would of got the stop and score with 6 sec but crazy ending 

That's on the refs as well.

51 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Tulane wins it.  A Bunch of players were out for Memphis 

Three players out -- their three leaders scorers, two to covid and one to injury (although combined that's just 31 ppg -- Memphis plays a lot of bodies and is pretty balanced).  Certainly hampered Memphis, but this was a Tulane team that hadn't played in two weeks and had losses to Valparaiso, Southern, Toledo, and two losses to the College of Charleston.