Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

18 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I was just about to post this. Pretty incredible how terrible he has been at Georgia. I thought for sure he could do something there. Now I’m wondering if he makes it past this season? No excuse for those types of losses

Why would he succeed anywhere? He’s a bad coach who has gotten worse over time instead of better.

There is about a 1% chance he makes it past this year.

8 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

What does “put the whole world on poop” mean?

Sigh. You are obviously not connected to the young folks like I am.

image.jpeg

The read-out for those emojis is "Put the whole world on? Sh*t, I wish I could."

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Sigh. You are obviously not connected to the young folks like I am.

image.jpeg

The read-out for those emojis is "Put the whole world on? Sh*t, I wish I could."

“I didn’t go to Purdue and Michigan* to play school!”

Until the NCAA does something to take over the testing, you are going to see the wild west of COVID cancellations with college.

By letting the teams themselves police it, you will have some teams not test at all, some call off a game down their two best players testing positive but play if they have three guys at end of bench test postive, some may test all players everyday, some may test only symptomatic players once a week.

Letting the teams handle this is a terrible idea but what is new with NCAA? Supposedly teams are supposed to play with seven available players, but there is absolutely no way to verify if teams are following this. For all we know the best player on Wiscy tested positive and they called off the game over that while IU played last night and did not test a single player. I am not saying this happened and it may very well not of, but letting the teams handle this is beyond stupid.

Much rather have leagues handle the testing and police whether a game is played like in pros so their is no conflict of interest.

Some of these college games probably could probably of been played if the NCAA or conference handled and policed the testing but by the teams doing it I am sure there is a ton of abuse of the system. 

As I'm sure you're well aware, this is the new "norm." Hopefully, we'll be able to get most of the season in.
If it is the omicron strain that people are testing positive for, a study out of Africa , where it originated, is showing precipitous decline in cases with mild symptoms. Heard on the radio. That bodes well since it was only announced 4 to 6 weeks ago that it was new.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Guys—we have a Covid and sports thread.

Since there’s likely to be a lot of discussion re Covid cancellations, let’s start posting about it over there.

We’ll give you all a chance to migrate over to that thread, but please remember: we will not allow any thread to devolve into discussions about the pandemic with zero nexus to sports

Thanks 

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

60% ish of population is “vaccinated”. 25% ish percent of non vaxxed have natural antibodies. The virus is devolving as anticipated. “Herd Immunity” doesn’t exist anymore, but hey, you don’t get herd immunity for Coronavirus colds either. Who would have guessed all this 2 years ago. This guy. Yet dumb decisions continue to be made all across globe on everything pertaining to this virus. I’m not over it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

What in the world does this have to do with what I said? I talked about how teams can easily abuse testing protocols and you are talking about the genetics of the virus. Those are not remotely related.