Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

A56E5118-7F6D-4E70-BD9A-035606DAD2B2.gif.a7e5ba6887aeb4c71e5a1617729a34fb.gif

Might be but it’s also true. Nebraska drilled by Auburn by 30. Auburn has a legit team. Ohio State comfortable over Wisky who isn’t what their number in front of them represents and that will bear out over time. Syracuse beaten by a mediocre Georgetown team. Good game with 2 mediocre teams. I think the evidence indicates what we are as a team this year and many are ignoring the blaring signs.

I suppose it doesn’t matter. Fringe tournament team again. If we miss again does it matter? Woody, isn’t a young man. Missing the tournament won’t improve his stock. Will need to strike while the iron is hot.

But, we don’t behave like a blue blood anymore and just hope to fall back into it. I’m not holding my breath. And if Woody fails/underperforms, that’s curtains. We better take that NIL seriously if we want to be a Top 10 program. Hint… we don’t but we want the fans to think we do.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Might be but it’s also true. Nebraska drilled by Auburn by 30. Auburn has a legit team. Ohio State comfortable over Wisky who isn’t what their number in front of them represents and that will bear out over time. Syracuse beaten by a mediocre Georgetown team. Good game with 2 mediocre teams. I think the evidence indicates what we are as a team this year and many are ignoring the blaring signs.

I suppose it doesn’t matter. Fringe tournament team again. If we miss again does it matter? Woody, isn’t a young man. Missing the tournament won’t improve his stock. Will need to strike while the iron is hot.

But, we don’t behave like a blue blood anymore and just hope to fall back into it. I’m not holding my breath. And if Woody fails/underperforms, that’s curtains. We better take that NIL seriously if we want to be a Top 10 program. Hint… we don’t but we want the fans to think we do.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Wisconsin won Maui and beat a final 4 contender  Houston   on a neutral court in the process of winning it.    Wisky has played 7 Q1 and Q2 games and has 5 wins in those.   5 top 60 wins (3 away from home).   It’s bait to say it’s embarrassing to lose to them.   

The other stuff you pointed out has nothing to do with why I posted that gif so I can’t speak on those in this situation. 

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Wisconsin won Maui and beat a final 4 contender  Houston   on a neutral court in the process of winning it.    Wisky has played 7 Q1 and Q2 games and has 5 wins in those.   5 top 60 wins (3 away from home).   It’s bait to say it’s embarrassing to lose to them.   

The other stuff you pointed out has nothing to do with why I posted that gif so I can’t speak on those in this situation. 

Fair enough in a vacuum.  But we did blow a historic 22 point lead and played one of the  worst halves of basketball I’ve witnessed. That’s embarrassing.  

On Wisky, it’s my eye test.  The Houston win was big. Can’t take that away.  They won several games that’s could have gone either way.  They just aren’t that good.  I think it will bare out.  

But the rest of my comments is where I stand because it isn’t a vacuum to me.  Unless we turn a magical corner we are a fringe tourney team.  We look like it with the eye test and every transitive property I think about.  Some people have 20 years of frustration built up and are looking for a breakthrough. We aren’t seeing it.  That and the administration are the main reasons we haven’t came back and likely won’t.   NIL opened the doors to compete with the big boys.  Another new Avenue of hope, plus a coach.  It’s not trending like we want to be a blue blood. 

21 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Fair enough in a vacuum.  But we did blow a historic 22 point lead and played one of the  worst halves of basketball I’ve witnessed. That’s embarrassing.  

On Wisky, it’s my eye test.  The Houston win was big. Can’t take that away.  They won several games that’s could have gone either way.  They just aren’t that good.  I think it will bare out.  

But the rest of my comments is where I stand because it isn’t a vacuum to me.  Unless we turn a magical corner we are a fringe tourney team.  We look like it with the eye test and every transitive property I think about.  Some people have 20 years of frustration built up and are looking for a breakthrough. We aren’t seeing it.  That and the administration are the main reasons we haven’t came back and likely won’t.   NIL opened the doors to compete with the big boys.  Another new Avenue of hope, plus a coach.  It’s not trending like we want to be a blue blood. 

Yea but Q wins are all that matter. What you see is worthless. So unless you're gonna talk about what Q wind you have, be quite. 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I didn’t need to be in a vacuum to see that a team with a 1st year coach with no college coaching experience in any form wasn’t going to set the college basketball world on fire and all of a sudden be a threat for a top tier team.   Woody didn’t have the luxury of Howard being able to take over a program that had players that had final 4 experience and Big 10 champion experience.  Did I hope in these first 10 games this would be the case sure but I’m grounded enough to realize what kind of shape this program is in.    7 seed to fringe tourney team sounded about right for this IU team coming into the season for me. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea but Q wins are all that matter. What you see is worthless. So unless you're gonna talk about what Q wind you have, be quite. 

At the end of the day, it’s all about winds and losteds.  So I’ll just stay quite.

11 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

At the end of the day, it’s all about winds and losteds.  So I’ll just stay quite.

Is everyone spelling quiet wrong on purpose?  Am I being punk’d?  

Re: eye test.  To each their own.  If you don’t believe in it, you might not have a good one. 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It would have been better on the fanbase to have UW lead the entire way and win by 5 against Indiana. I've always been in the "just make the tournament" mindset because some of our players are average, including the point guard. IU is on track to do that as long as they don't lose to a bottom feeder and pick off a couple of quad 1 wins at home. Looks like we are on track for 8th in the Big Ten and that should get us in. And I think the NIL must be in place in some fashion. Scoop and JHS didn't commit to Indiana just to sell a few T-shirts. Just make the Dance and the program will improve with better players. 

42 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Re: eye test.  To each their own.  If you don’t believe in it, you might not have a good one. 

You totally are missing the point.  Believing in my own eyes is meaningless to anyone else.  

Everyone thinks their eyes are good.  I believe in my eyes.  You believe in your eyes.  Someone else believes in their eyes.  Saying your eyes are 'good' is a meaningless statement unless you can show someone else what you see.