Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Stackhouse thought it was a good idea to have Loyola-Chicago a buy game for Vandy.   He lost.  Stackhouse era is not going well for Vandy 

The Stackhouse thing going to poo is way less surprising than Mack. I thought Mack - as Demo would say - was A Guy. Maybe Louisville is just that much of a shizz show at the top. 

6 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

The Stackhouse thing going to poo is way less surprising than Mack. I thought Mack - as Demo would say - was A Guy. Maybe Louisville is just that much of a shizz show at the top. 

Definitely.  I thought Mack was a no brainer to succeed at Louisville.  For whatever reason it just hasn’t worked out yet

10 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I remember some people wanted Mack over Archie. Holtman may last the longest out of those 3 hired at the same time.

Some thoughts here, as I live in Louisville:

Their AD just resigned, the fans are turning on Mack, cries of “never should’ve fired Pitino” are loud, and for as much money as the school pours into athletics (because it sure as hell ain’t academics), it’s a friggin’ mess. 

The breaking up of the Big East continues to hurt multiple programs who left. 

Crazy thing is, Louisville, Pitt and Syracuse kinda dominated in the ACC when they first joined.... And look where they are now. Middling schools at best. 

UConn returns to the Big East and have looked way better. 

Conference realignment without a doubt has hurt college basketball. When these massive conferences are formed, someone has to lose and the bottom is likely to be absolute garbage. 

5 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Definitely.  I thought Mack was a no brainer to succeed at Louisville.  For whatever reason it just hasn’t worked out yet

The University of Louisville as a whole just seems to be a hot mess right now. Don't know how much of these are connected, but the AD and president resigned within a day or so of each other. The president did leave to take the same position at Penn State, but still ...