Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

Will probably be underwhelming. But as long as it contains something requiring Bruce Pearl to keep his shirt on at all times I will be okay with it. 

Pat Forde:  Auburn ruling: two-game suspension for Bruce Pearl, one-year show cause for an unnamed assistant coach, 10-year show cause for Chuck Person, some recruiting and scholarship reductions, no additional postseason ban.

No mention of any shirt requirement.

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Pat Forde:  Auburn ruling: two-game suspension for Bruce Pearl, one-year show cause for an unnamed assistant coach, 10-year show cause for Chuck Person, some recruiting and scholarship reductions, no additional postseason ban.

No mention of any shirt requirement.

What Then Is This Child Going To Be?: Shirtless In Knoxville

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Transitive Theory of Basketball -- 2021 Purdue Case Study

1. Rutgers is two points better than Purdue
  2. Lafayette of PA is two points better than Rutgers
  3. UPenn is 38 points better than Lafayette
  4. George Mason is 21 points better than UPenn
  5. Washington is three points better than George Mason
  6. Northern Illinois is seven points better than Washington
  7. Indiana is 36 points better than Northern Illinois

Conclusion? 

Currently, IU should beat Purdoo by 108 points, more or less.

I like the way you think. I'm sure there's a job in the government somewhere for you...:92:

Only took you seven steps to get there too!

31 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I like the way you think. I'm sure there's a job in the government somewhere for you...:92:

Only took you seven steps to get there too!

While the seven step conclusion is entirely evidence-based, if it was for a government project, I would have been clear, concise, and without comedic intent.     :)

34 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Tweets from Assembly Call  --

Ah, college sports.  Where Kofi Cockburn gets a 3-game suspension for selling some gear a month early.  Bruce Pearl gets 2 games for another instance of NCAA rules being broken on his watch, and Mark Few gets 1 game for driving drunk.  Makes perfect sense. 

Oh, and Hanner Perea and Peter Jurkin got NINE games.

And North Carolina gets nothing for giving their athletes fake classes.

5 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Quite sad state of affairs we have to rely on the failure of lil bro to step back from the ledge.. that's little brotherish

Then again, I'm sure after the Ron Harper hit that shot to beat them, the Purdue cheerleaders tried to get an "IU sucks" chant going.

5 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Quite sad state of affairs we have to rely on the failure of lil bro to step back from the ledge.. that's little brotherish

I'm just glad that boogeyman has been put back on the shelf for a bit. The pants-crapping that was taking place here when Purdue beat UNC a few weeks ago was embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm just glad that boogeyman has been put back on the shelf for a bit. The pants-crapping that was taking place here when Purdue beat UNC a few weeks ago was embarrassing. 

This boogeyman was even more imaginary than most. Purdue is very good this year but they were never going undefeated. They'll still crap the bed in March too.  

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

lol. yup. but who's been the little brother lately lol?

giphy.gif

Just happy for a big turd from PU... that's always a good thing lol

Gonna revisit last night for just a sec ... 

Saw that some PU fans are saying the clock didn't start right when Harper got the ball on the inbounds pass -- and that may be true. 

But watch Williams' left arm on PU's go-ahead bucket. He hooked the defender to clear him out and get around him. Coulda very easily been called an offensive foul -- negating the basket. 

27 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Gonna revisit last night for just a sec ... 

Saw that some PU fans are saying the clock didn't start right when Harper got the ball on the inbounds pass -- and that may be true. 

But watch Williams' left arm on PU's go-ahead bucket. He hooked the defender to clear him out and get around him. Coulda very easily been called an offensive foul -- negating the basket. 

Hilarious.

They cried about the same clock starting issue when Diakite for UVA hit that last second shot to force overtime in their Elite 8 game. 

The reality is that type of thing happens a million times per game.