Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

9 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

It always baffles me when watching purdoodoo how they can be so physical while not being called for fouls but their opponent picks up fouls. This is where they’ll struggle in the tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

8-1 fouls already. Purdue getting fat on some home cooking 

22 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

8-1 fouls already. Purdue getting fat on some home cooking 

Purdue and Wisconsin have always gotten ridiculous foul disparities in their favor when playing at home. With Wisconsin, it's just the general belief that their players are too smart to foul. With Purdue, their crowd just intimidates the officials into not calling them. 

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Pitt up 2 at Virginia with 24 sec to go. Pitt hit a big 3 and then   Franklin just shot a brick from 3 that would of put them up.   Pitt at the foul line 

Pitt gets a 5 sec call to give the ball back to Virginia.  Virginia down 1 and the ball with 9 sec to go 

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Pitt being Pitt.  Virginia wins it at the buzzer with a shot that hit every part of the rim before it went in 

Basketball can be cruel.   Winning programs  seem to always find a way to win when they shouldn’t and losing programs find ways to lose games 

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

I would understand if he were up into him but there was space there. Crazy how they overturned it after reviewing it.

Did they change that rule?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not that I know of.   He clearly wasn’t in his space.  Odd call 

Unfortunately teams that IU have struggled with are terrible - St Johns, Marshall and Syracuse. 

Not terrible but certainly not “good” either. Syracuse and St. John’s are both talented teams but no where near top teams. And we are marginally better. That tells me everything. We are fighting for spot 25-75 type stuff. We were predicted 7-8 by many publications in B1G. Everything I see matches that. Bubble team unless we win a lot of close ones.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Purdue and Wisconsin have always gotten ridiculous foul disparities in their favor when playing at home. With Wisconsin, it's just the general belief that their players are too smart to foul. With Purdue, their crowd just intimidates the officials into not calling them. 

I am sure all the big ten teams said that from 71-01 when IU got a lot of calls at home.  At the time I didn't see it that way but watching a lot of old games during the pandemic made me see how many calls we got 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not terrible but certainly not “good” either. Syracuse and St. John’s are both talented teams but no where near top teams. And we are marginally better. That tells me everything. We are fighting for spot 25-75 type stuff. We were predicted 7-8 by many publications in B1G. Everything I see matches that. Bubble team unless we win a lot of close ones.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Kansas had a similar game against St. John’s as we did except when they made their 2nd half run they put their foot on sju’s neck and poured it on. We let them back in the game twice. That’s talent and experience. We’re not Kansas. But it was a decent road win for a new team with a new coach.