Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Looking at the schedule, I really hate ending the regular season at Purdue. We need to improve a bunch between now and then because that one has the potential to be soul crushing ugly.

Wow. Nice get for N.C. State -- beat out some real heavyweights (LSU, Kentucky, Memphis, Kansas) for the nation's No. 1 point guard for the class of 2023. 

Grammar police here......acaemy??? Seriously does nobody do spell check anymore?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I remember the last time NC State got a big time guard and we're supposed to be super good... Remember Rodney Purvis? Anybody? That 12-13 team of their really underperformed as well with CJ Leslie, Scott Wood, Lorenzo Brown and freshmen TJ Warren, Rodney Purvis and Tyler Lewis. 

I remember the last time NC State got a big time guard and we're supposed to be super good... Remember Rodney Purvis? Anybody? That 12-13 team of their really underperformed as well with CJ Leslie, Scott Wood, Lorenzo Brown and freshmen TJ Warren, Rodney Purvis and Tyler Lewis. 
Dennis Smith Jr was also a huge get for them. He was top 10 in the class and would have been an McDonald's All American had he not enrolled early

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

Dennis Smith Jr was also a huge get for them. He was top 10 in the class and would have been an McDonald's All American had he not enrolled early

Yea he didn't pan out quite as they thought he would. Cat Barber was really good for them though. But they just never lived up to the hype as a team. 

21 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

Gottfried's first season was 11-12 and they ended up going to the Sweet 16 and losing to Kansas by just 3. So they were highly thought of going into the next season. Returned Leslie, Brown, Wood and Howell. Added the #14 class in the nation with Purvis, Warren and Lewis... They started out the season 6th and ended up going 24-11(11-7), unranked and losing to Temple in the first round of the tourney. So Indiana was on a path to actually play them. Which would have been really interesting. A team that really ended up living up to expectations for the most part and a team that fell flat on its face. 

37 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Everyone was worried about them as the 8 seed and the 9 seed Temple beat them and probably should of beat IU that year.  

58 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Everyone was worried about them as the 8 seed and the 9 seed Temple beat them and probably should of beat IU that year.  

They would have matched up well with us honestly. We liked to run and they had the athletes. Would have probably been a fun game. Temple uglied the game up which we struggled with. NC State would have probably been more free following. 

18 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

ACC is really not that great this year after Duke.  

Polls came out and the ACC had the #1 and I think like #36, #39, #40 and #41 in the AP Poll. More isn't always better. 15 teams is just too much for a conference and they are getting hit with the problems finally. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Polls came out and the ACC had the #1 and I think like #36, #39, #40 and #41 in the AP Poll. More isn't always better. 15 teams is just too much for a conference and they are getting hit with the problems finally. 

Virginia Tech is the second best team in the ACC in my opinion.   They are currently up 4 at Maryland with 3 min to go