Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Gonzaga struggles with Tarleton tonight...64-55.  Game was a one possession game with 5 minutes left.  Then the Zags took control.  Tarleton's tallest starting player was 6'6".   Not great for the Zags resume.

The Zags have “been there done that.” I’d probably lean on them being slightly closer to the version that blew out UCLA and a close lost to Dook over the 9 point win to Tarleton.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It just looks so weird. I hate basketball games being played in football stadiums. C'mon Syracuse, time to build a separate building.

20211130_065944.jpg

Do the ladies play in the dome as well?

9 hours ago, yogisballin said:

Yeah, that’s tough! Armaan was 0-4 from down town tonight as well. For the year, he’s 11 for 42. Good for 26%…sheesh!

I know that I'm a petty person, but I love that he and his team are struggling.  

I know that I'm a petty person, but I love that he and his team are struggling.  

I’m a little of the same. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t wish any ill will toward anyone. But this is looking like a blessing. I’m afraid that if he were still here, he’d be starting.

4 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

The Zags have “been there done that.” I’d probably lean on them being slightly closer to the version that blew out UCLA and a close lost to Dook over the 9 point win to Tarleton.

I agree.  I simply was pointing out that they appear to have played something less than their best last night.  Tarleton gave Michigan a good game also.  

I’m a little of the same. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t wish any ill will toward anyone. But this is looking like a blessing. I’m afraid that if he were still here, he’d be starting.

Although his 3 point shot has been not so stellar, Arman has scored pretty well from within the arc. I watched him either match or surpass his career high of ~23pts last week. He also had a 20+pt game in Virginia's 2nd or 3rd game. His defense also looks just as good.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I just find it off that Armaan didn't want to play in Woody's system. He would have fit so well. 

It wasn't just Woody, he quit on Archie.  There was something about IU that he just didn't like.  He was gone no matter who we hired.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It just looks so weird. I hate basketball games being played in football stadiums. C'mon Syracuse, time to build a separate building.

20211130_065944.jpg

So what you are saying is get ready for a poor shooting performance from the Hoosiers?  I've always heard these "open-air" setups are tough to get a feel for with the background.  Any truth to that?  I was never a shooter in any environment.

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Indiana skills do something like this... But in Assembly Hall. Give some sort of incentive to going. Give out tickets for free against whatever tiny school we play. See if you can get 8000 students. 

We already basically have an 8k student section. Ours is 7800. Something like that wouldn’t work in Assembly Hall unless you could get 17k students to fill up the arena. What Texas did works because it’s a smaller gym and it’s packed. A half empty Assembly Hall with only students wouldn’t give the same atmosphere as that. It’s a really cool concept, though, if IU could find a smaller gym. 

28 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yep didn’t matter who the coach was Franklin and his mom were gone 

You're right, but I thuought Armaan was more of a team guy, instead of a me guy. I was wrong!

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I don't look at it as a negative, just a decision. 

Armaan Franklin and his mom are class acts, and Armaan is a good player that would have thrived under Woody. I think it's as simple as two tough years for IU while Armaan was there meant he decided not to venture into the unknown with a new coaching staff.

Instead, he decided to transfer to what has been an absolute sure thing- UVA coached by Tony Bennett. If a classy kid was tired of turmoil and maybes and looking for a truly stable program and head coach, UVA and Bennett are about as good as it gets. Hard to comprehend that UVA would have a truly down year, and even though they have started out that way, it probably will greatly improve by season's end.

One more thing -- Armaan transferred on April 8th, and Tamar Bates committed to IU on April 19th. If Armaan hadn't transferred we probably wouldn't have gotten Tamar Bates, so it worked out just fine for IU. 

If you're classy, you don't quit on your team like he did near the end of last year.  (I never claimed I was classy either).  So I love seeing his team struggle.

We already basically have an 8k student section. Ours is 7800. Something like that wouldn’t work in Assembly Hall unless you could get 17k students to fill up the arena. What Texas did works because it’s a smaller gym and it’s packed. A half empty Assembly Hall with only students wouldn’t give the same atmosphere as that. It’s a really cool concept, though, if IU could find a smaller gym. 
They don't have a smaller gym? Texas played where Volleyball plays

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

They don't have a smaller gym? Texas played where Volleyball plays

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IU has the new volleyball/wrestling gym. I’ve never been to it though so idk if it could be converted into a basketball arena for a game. 

I think that from an opposing players perspective they would rather play in AH. That would be an experience they would have for the rest of their lives instead of playing in a smaller gym. It's AH.