Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

How the hell did Gonzaga get a first-place vote? 

Same reason a pollster moved Memphis up to 7 from 9 after they lost to Iowa st.  I wish Parrish still did his poll attacks column that called these people out.  Polls are pointless from a resume point of view. Polls are made to give the fanbases something to argue back and forth about in my opinion

26 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Same reason a pollster moved Memphis up to 7 from 9 after they lost to Iowa st.  I wish Parrish still did his poll attacks column that called these people out.  Polls are pointless from a resume point of view. Polls are made to give the fanbases something to argue back and forth about in my opinion

^^This^^

Closely held secret: Many of the voters in these polls, either do not give a rat's @$$ about college basketball (AP Poll), or do not watch college basketball other than their own team and it's upcoming opponent (Coaches Poll) .

Usps, or even the "not famous but on the other hand, not even infamous XSN poll" are way better informed.

I'm envisioning the goobers on GBI constantly refreshing their browsers to see if the rankings had updated yet, spraying their screens with spit in disgust upon seeing Duke #1, muttering "IU Sucks" under their breaths and going back to work cleaning toilets and emptying trash cans. 

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm envisioning the goobers on GBI constantly refreshing their browsers to see if the rankings had updated yet, spraying their screens with spit in disgust upon seeing Duke #1, muttering "IU Sucks" under their breaths and going back to work cleaning toilets and emptying trash cans. 

Lol check out their board.  Basically exactly what they did 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

XSN Poll > AP/Coaches Poll. 

Here's who voted for IU this week, I think Rabjohns and Bozich the Elder put us #25 to keep the torches and pitchforks away.
https://collegepolltracker.com/basketball/team/indiana-hoosiers/2021

Really cool website. It even has NET on there…for some reason I thought NET wasn’t calculated until after the New Year..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

Really cool website. It even has NET on there…for some reason I thought NET wasn’t calculated until after the New Year..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

NET isn’t released until after the New Year.   Unless they figured out ncaas formula for NET but I highly doubt that