Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Pittsburgh is a train wreck.  About to lose to umbc     Capel probably not going to make it through next year 

I always thought Capel to Pitt was kind of an odd move. ... After he got fired at Oklahoma and went back to Duke, he was there for a good while -- 7 or 8 years. I wonder if he thought he might succeed K, but was told that wasn't gonna happen -- so he then jumped on one of the first opportunities that came along?

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Pitt would be a good place for him but think Sean would be the hire.

Why would he win in the ACC at a school with less of a “brand name” than IU? Would you consider him if he wasn’t raised in PA? 

2 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Why would he win in the ACC at a school with less of a “brand name” than IU? Would you consider him if he wasn’t raised in PA? 

Less pressure and could just be himself which is a coach.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Less pressure and could just be himself which is a coach.

Good point. That could definitely help.
That being said, if I was the AD I’d be concerned about his results and the fact that his players didn’t exactly seem sad to see him go. In any case, I really don’t give a rip who Pitt hires.

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

That being said, if I was the AD I’d be concerned about his results and the fact that his players didn’t exactly seem sad to see him go. In any case, I really don’t give a rip who Pitt hires.

You also have to think that is he difference in expectations are extremely different.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You also have to think that is he difference in expectations are extremely different.

That’s true but I think it would be an easier sell if he at least had a season where he was top 4 in the BT conference.
Pitt would have to have really low expectations as Archie/IU was tied for 10th in both his 3rd and 4th season. What Power 5 school wants to pay millions to grab that mojo? 

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yeah but with those different expectations come fewer resources.  Look at what Crean is dealing with at Georgia. Can’t get the same level of talent he had here and so his scheme is even worse 

10 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I am extremely angry at past brasscannon for staying up so late.  That dude screwed me over today.  The 4 year has too much energy to be doing silly stuff like staying up after midnight 

That being said glad Duke got the win. The zags are favored 82% in the rest of their games.  And I don’t care if they win now

I am honestly not sure how I am still walking lol 

28 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I don't either unless it's Kenya. Would like to keep him around for another year, hopefully 2.