Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

7 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Maryland down 9 at the half 

I haven't watched the Terps this season, but looking at the box score tonight and browsing their KenPom profile...do their issues stem from the three point arc - not being able to make shots nor defend it? 

For the season Ayala is 12-42 (28.6%), Scott 5-19 (26.3%)...those two actually have the strongest (?) numbers of their starters (yikes).

1 hour ago, MemphisHoosier said:

I haven't watched the Terps this season, but looking at the box score tonight and browsing their KenPom profile...do their issues stem from the three point arc - not being able to make shots nor defend it? 

For the season Ayala is 12-42 (28.6%), Scott 5-19 (26.3%)...those two actually have the strongest (?) numbers of their starters (yikes).

I was in Maryland on Monday and listening to sports radio, the main gripe was Turgeon constantly playing small and sitting their bigs, when none of their guards/wings can shoot. 

Basically sitting some talented bigs and playing small with shooters that can't shoot. Sounds eerily familiar doesn't it?

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I was in Maryland on Monday and listening to sports radio, the main gripe was Turgeon constantly playing small and sitting their bigs, when none of their guards/wings can shoot. 

Basically sitting some talented bigs and playing small with shooters that can't shoot. Sounds eerily familiar doesn't it?

I was thinking the same thing!  We have lived this nightmare the last 4 years.

51 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Makes sense - with the Under Armor deep pockets paired with NIL opportunities I could see the university making a move away from Mediocre Mark if the status quo doesn't change.  A situation to watch for sure...

8 hours ago, mark1981 said:

Dude can coach

Yup. Hookers and bagmen aside, he's one of the few great basketball minds. 

Met him on a few occasions, and got to talk to him for 10ish minutes at a coaches dinner. Super nice, and super smart. 

Sorta hate to see him wasted at a small school, but also happy he's not somewhere making it harder for us. Also love seeing him pick off some big boys.

Not surprisingly, Lunardi has the Toiletmakers as a No. 1 and playing in Indy. Obviously, there's a long road to travel between now and March, but I really, really, really don't want to see the PUs getting to play there. I hope they get knocked back a few notches between now and then. But at the same time, I gotta admit -- they're pretty damn good. 

Joey Brackets has us as a No. 7, playing in San Diego -- not a bad place to end up in mid-March. TBH, I'm not a fan of Lunardi or such ridiculously early brackets, but what the hell -- nothing wrong with a little fodder to chew on toward the end of Feast Week. 

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-projecting-2022-march-madness-men-field

Baylor up 2 at half.  

Baylor could be really good later in the year.  They are good now but they can be better if (big if) Akinjo doesn’t hunt shots and facilitates better.   When Hauser transferred to Sparty I thought he would be the next star for them.   He is just a role player at best.  Crazy how things work out sometimes