Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Andre the Great apparently will bring that out in a group.

Lost a couple of really good assistant coaches too. Underwood is a pretty harsh personality without a guy like Chin to moderate.

Maybe there  was a reason Adam Miller left.  Always shocked me he left knowing Ayo was moving on. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

I know it's already been posted but I want to revisit it.

Cincinnati: 71

Illinois: 51

This is what I am thankful for everyone. 

Had an Illinois fan tell me this morning "hey, Cincinnati is 5-0 so that's not a bad loss!"

Buddy you got pounded by a now 5-0 team with wins against:

-The Mighty Evansville Aces

-The Tom Crean Bulldogs

-The Alabama A&M.....Aggies Probably? Idk

-The Presbyterian Presbyterians

Illinois fans are friggin' clueless.

“Due to conduct detrimental to the team, AJ Bramah has been dismissed from the Nevada Men's Basketball program.”  A transfer from Robert Morris, Bramah played four games for Nevada before this dismissal.

Somebody commented that Nevada was off to a rough start.  Maybe Bramah was part of that rough start.

Not a big fan of DVR'ing live sports to go back and watch, but tonight during the IU game, Mark Titus and Tate Frazier are on the call for St. John's vs. St. Francis Brooklyn on FS2. Think I'll set that one to record and enjoy it after we smack Deion U around.

1 hour ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

You right. My preferred sports app was bugging out, once I checked on another app I got the full slate. That Texas A&M and Butler game will be the first game I bet on today. Butler's a slight underdog, I'll take them after watching A&M totally fall apart last night.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

A&M will win. This Butler team is really bad, undisciplined, and poorly coached. LaVall is their version of Mike Davis. A nice guy that isn't a good head coach. I wouldn't put a dime on this team. 

At some point I wonder if Underwood benches Curbelo and moves Frazier to the point. You lose some dribble-drive dynamism but probably gain shooting whoever you play over Curbelo, and waster fewer possessions.

I recall thinking Curbelo was flashier than conducive to winning when Archie was after him. He may still shake the TO habit, may become a passable 3-pt shooter, but probably got the keys at least a year too early

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

A&M will win. This Butler team is really bad, undisciplined, and poorly coached. LaVall is their version of Mike Davis. A nice guy that isn't a good head coach. I wouldn't put a dime on this team. 

Shoot. Actually haven't watched Butler yet, so I might have gone into this a bit skewed after watching that A&M team alternate between turnover/ horrible shot selection against a well-below average Wisconsin team. A&M did start out shooting real hot, before giving up a 16 point lead. If they can start hot from 3 in back to back games, I'll be screwed.

4 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

Shoot. Actually haven't watched Butler yet, so I might have gone into this a bit skewed after watching that A&M team alternate between turnover/ horrible shot selection against a well-below average Wisconsin team. A&M did start out shooting real hot, before giving up a 16 point lead. If they can start hot from 3 in back to back games, I'll be screwed.

Butler is not good. It's painful for me to watch because I watch most of their games as well and always enjoyed how they played but the Butler way is currently on life support and in danger or coding unless a change is made at head coach. 

From yesterday.

Big Ten looking mediocre. Some bad losses. Missing chances to boost conference clout.

Where the heck did Keegan Murray/Iowa come from? He is absolutely dominating. Granted, they’ve played nobodies but goodness gracious.

Looking forward to Durham vs Franklin. Should be an even matchup.

Illinois that bad? Terrible shooting performance. I think they are better than that.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
I was impressed with Murray last year. It seemed like every time I watched, he looked very good .

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Oh, and let’s not forget The Fighting Tom Creans losing to Durham and Providence. This is Tom’s last season. No way he survives. Does he drop a level or go to the booth?

Can I vote neither?

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

“Due to conduct detrimental to the team, AJ Bramah has been dismissed from the Nevada Men's Basketball program.”  A transfer from Robert Morris, Bramah played four games for Nevada before this dismissal.

Somebody commented that Nevada was off to a rough start.  Maybe Bramah was part of that rough start.

He had actually played well prior to the dismissal.  10.8 ppg and 6.5 rebounds in 21 minutes and was shooting 52%.  He played in yesterday's game for Nevada so I assume it was something either that happened or was discovered post game.

Then again, exactly what do you have to do to get kicked off a Steve Alford team?

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Oh, and let’s not forget The Fighting Tom Creans losing to Durham and Providence. This is Tom’s last season. No way he survives. Does he drop a level or go to the booth?

Crean had the #11 and #17 recruiting classes in 2019 and 2020.  You HAVE to win in the SEC with those kinds of classes.

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

He had actually played well prior to the dismissal.  10.8 ppg and 6.5 rebounds in 21 minutes and was shooting 52%.  He played in yesterday's game for Nevada so I assume it was something either that happened or was discovered post game.

Then again, exactly what do you have to do to get kicked off a Steve Alford team?

More than Pierre Pierce did? Yikes!