Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

9 hours ago, BGVille Hoosierfan said:

Kentucky struggles with Niles, Ole Miss struggles with Trevecca Nazarene, and Auburn struggles with Southern Indiana. The $EC once again looks to be a joke this year. 

This Auburn author doesn't seem to be concerned:

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/lists/five-takeaways-from-auburn-basketballs-68-54-win-over-southern-indiana/

17 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

The only disappointment I had with this clip is that Tamar was still in street clothes. On his "podcast" with Jerrod Morris he said he was ready to go. So I'm confused. (sometimes it doesn't take much....)

27 minutes ago, DWB said:

The only disappointment I had with this clip is that Tamar was still in street clothes. On his "podcast" with Jerrod Morris he said he was ready to go. So I'm confused. (sometimes it doesn't take much....)

This clip is older than Scoop’s recovery. Betcha he’s ready on Tuesday

More takeaways: 

1. The red team is traditionally the starters. Red team here is TJD, Race, Parker, Miller, Rob.

2. In every  video clip I have seen of Rob Phinisee the past couple of months he looks incredibly relaxed, confident, and happy. That is very good news.

8 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Games to watch besides the champions classic and the IU game tomorrow

Akron/Ohio St

Belmont/Ohio

Morehead St/Auburn 

Louisiana Tech/Bama 

colorado st/Oral Robert’s 

And, of course, Indiana State/Green Bay in Josh Schertz’s (is that how you make a last name ending in Z possessive? Woof) debut. Tyreke Key won’t be playing this year due to shoulder surgery, which will kill the trees. 

23 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

We are less then 24 hours before the start of the season.  Tomorrow is Christmas morning for me as most of you old posters know.   Wanted to give a warm welcome to the new posters that will find this thread and hopefully welcome back some old posters that I haven’t seen post in a while.    If you love college basketball this is the place for you.   There will always be hoops junkies in this thread ready to talk hoops.  College basketball always delivers and likewise this thread always delivers. As you know  I love watching college basketball but now a part of my college basketball obsession is following along with you guys during the season.  

Before we argue body of work, strength of schedule, mid majors vs mediocre high majors, and whether or not college basketball is down(sarcasm button) I want to wish all of you an early Happy First day of college basketball day.    

Usps is the GOAT

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

And, of course, Indiana State/Green Bay in Josh Schertz’s (is that how you make a last name ending in Z possessive? Woof) debut. Tyreke Key won’t be playing this year due to shoulder surgery, which will kill the trees. 

Just saw he was out for the year.   Could be a long year for the trees.  I still want to get back and watch a game at Hulman center.  I know it’s changed since I’ve been there last 

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Just saw he was out for the year.   Could be a long year for the trees.  I still want to get back and watch a game at Hulman center.  I know it’s changed since I’ve been there last 

Haven’t been inside yet, but the new facade facing Cherry Street is gorgeous. I plan on going to a game or two myself. They should be at least entertaining in this new system even if not very good. 

38 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Haven’t been inside yet, but the new facade facing Cherry Street is gorgeous. I plan on going to a game or two myself. They should be at least entertaining in this new system even if not very good. 

I live in the Haute. Just went to their exhibition last week. It's light years better than it was before. It actually has a college basketball feel to it. The outside concourse is awesome and much more professional looking. The concourse inside around the court is much better too. All the seats are now blue instead of the ugly orange and yellow in the upper level. They added lights to the ceiling for lineups and intros. They now have a little light show before the game. It's definitely better than what it used to be. They opened up one end of the arena too. Now have suites as well. I think you'll enjoy the "new" arena.