Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

40 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

Remember when OSU football players sold gear about a decade ago? That cost them a season. However, that was like five players. That said, because the mood has changed (and the regulations not long ago) -- combined with the fact the NCAA is inept and has no adherence to precedence -- my guess is nothing noticeable will happen. 

Man I remember those days. You would’ve thought those guys killed someone and buried the body in Tressel’s backyard with his help. 

1 hour ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I think Louisville. Never Nervous Pervis' freshman year.  Could be wrong.

It was at Ky.We could have had a hearing but Knight wanted to get it out of the way so the suspension couldn't happen possibly at the beginning of the conference race.

1 hour ago, Woodson1980 said:

It was at Ky.We could have had a hearing but Knight wanted to get it out of the way so the suspension couldn't happen possibly at the beginning of the conference race.

Thanks. Maybe Louisville was a late free throw lane violation that gave Louisville another shot to win/preserve the win.

1 hour ago, Woodson1980 said:

Only thing I remember about that game is that RMK spent half of it yelling at Roger Harden.

3 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I think Louisville. Never Nervous Pervis' freshman year.  Could be wrong.

Nope it was UK.

suspension by the National Collegiate Athletic Assn.'s Eligibility Committee means Alford will miss tonight’s game against No. 9-ranked Kentucky, Floyd said.

15 hours ago, Woodson1980 said:

IMO BK also wanted to weaponize the situation against KY.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Illini over D2 IU Pa 94-79. They didn’t pull away until the last eight minutes.

Curbelo was terrible—bad shooting and TEN turnovers.

According to their fans it was exactly want underwood wanted, a game full of teaching moments. So it can only be a positive (eye roll)

Also, according to their fans Indiana (PA) is a powerhouse D2 program with Big Ten level players so this was expected (bigger eye roll)

2 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

According to their fans it was exactly want underwood wanted, a game full of teaching moments. So it can only be a positive (eye roll)

Also, according to their fans Indiana (PA) is a powerhouse D2 program with Big Ten level players so this was expected (bigger eye roll)

The past couple seasons have brought out exactly what I’ve always hated in Illinois fans and considering social media literally didn’t exist the last time they were good before this, the entire world can see how insufferable that fanbase is. 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Illini over D2 IU Pa 94-79. They didn’t pull away until the last eight minutes.

Curbelo was terrible—bad shooting and TEN turnovers.

Love Curbelo. He’s got it. But, I’m amazed at the number of guys who just assume he seamlessly becomes a full time primary playmaker, like it’s a fait accomplii. DeCourcy and Norlander both called him the best PG in the country. Slow down. 

13 minutes ago, Demo said:

Love Curbelo. He’s got it. But, I’m amazed at the number of guys who just assume he seamlessly becomes a full time primary playmaker, like it’s a fait accomplii. DeCourcy and Norlander both called him the best PG in the country. Slow down. 

Incredible shake on the offensive end, but  he’s a little slight to be a plus defender. Can he keep a guy like Xavier Johnson from getting downhill?

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Incredible shake on the offensive end, but  he’s a little slight to be a plus defender. Can he keep a guy like Xavier Johnson from getting downhill?

He’s really clever playing through screens and general trash and he’s got really good vision in the passing lanes. But, yeah, if he’s just iso’d in a 4 low set or something like that he’s deader than a door nail. 
Hadn’t thought about it before you brought him up, but as mouthy as both Curbelo and X are, that will be something to watch. 

10 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

Don't hate on IUP, I played against them twice a year for 4 years! We were in the same division of our conference.