Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, mbredenk101 said:

I agree! But in a way though, with the conference tournaments in place, all the schools do participate in the dance since the winner of the conference tournament advances...

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah.  If that be the case then only CT winners advance to the NCAAT.  More or less what it was up until "The Maryland Rule."  I still say just let all the schools in.  Geez, it would only add another week-end.

21 hours ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

I had to go back and look, I'm getting old. I always respected Hightower too. 

It was Valentine that ... I "didn't think much of" ... lol

I liked Hightower too. There was a time I could turn on almost any college game and recognize all three officials. I don’t recognize most of the guys today. 

I agree on Valentine plus Rucker drove me nuts too. 

11 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I liked Hightower too. There was a time I could turn on almost any college game and recognize all three officials. I don’t recognize most of the guys today. 

I agree on Valentine plus Rucker drove me nuts too. 

Iowa fans are partial to Jim Bain.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/03/28/Big-Ten-referee-wins-lawsuit-against-Iowa-fans/2277480834000/

I'm hearing rumors about Cockburn being possibly suspended for selling his illini gear when he declared for draft because he thought he wasn't coming. He donated the money he made to charity when he came back.

I saw this on a couple tweets, but have not seen any links from media, so know idea if true or not. Just thought it was interesting.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I'm hearing rumors about Cockburn being possibly suspended for selling his illini gear when he declared for draft because he thought he wasn't coming. He donated the money he made to charity when he came back.

I saw this on a couple tweets, but have not seen any links from media, so know idea if true or not. Just thought it was interesting.

If true, that sounds like a two cupcake game penalty 

DI Council introduces proposals for next legislative cycle

Possibly the most signifcant:

• Reduce the number of official visits a men's basketball prospective student-athlete can take from five to three during each of three periods: junior year of high school, senior year of high school and postgraduate. The length of official visits also would be reduced to 36 hours from 48. The Council introduced similar proposals for women's basketball earlier this year. Committee members believe many student-athletes are taking official visits because they can and not because they intend to attend a school.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/general-di-council-introduces-proposals-for-next-legislative-cycle

On 10/27/2021 at 4:13 PM, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Remember when OSU football players sold gear about a decade ago? That cost them a season. However, that was like five players. That said, because the mood has changed (and the regulations not long ago) -- combined with the fact the NCAA is inept and has no adherence to precedence -- my guess is nothing noticeable will happen. 

20 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Steve Alford was suspended 1 game for being in a charity calendar. That game was at UK

I think Louisville. Never Nervous Pervis' freshman year.  Could be wrong.