Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1450825374951256071

Looks a little dicey for Indiana schools in the MVC this year.

Aside: for those into trying to spot the next big thing, Dana Ford, the HC at Missouri St, is a Guy. If I was someone like Joe Castiglione at OU, with total job security, I would have been sorely tempted to hook him up when they hired Moser, though I don’t fault that hire at all.

34 minutes ago, Demo said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1450825374951256071

Looks a little dicey for Indiana schools in the MVC this year.

Aside: for those into trying to spot the next big thing, Dana Ford, the HC at Missouri St, is a Guy. If I was someone like Joe Castiglione at OU, with total job security, I would have been sorely tempted to hook him up when they hired Moser, though I don’t fault that hire at all.

That’s gotta be one of the harder conferences to do a preseason poll for. It seems like every year, the top 1-2 are pretty obvious and the rest of the league is complete chaos. Evansville was widely picked last last season and I think they finished 5th?

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

That’s gotta be one of the harder conferences to do a preseason poll for. It seems like every year, the top 1-2 are pretty obvious and the rest of the league is complete chaos. Evansville was widely picked last last season and I think they finished 5th?

True. The MVC is awesome for exactly that reason. The Mountain West is sort of the same. A couple of reliably good teams and then chaos.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Archie and Hummel...a truly excellent analysis of the B1G for the upcoming season. 

First interesting takeaway from Archie: MSU doesn't have an apparent first or second team All-B1G player. Says teams without a first or second all-conference player rarely will contend. 

Second interesting takeaway: Hummel loves the addition of Durr. Archie thinks that Parker Stewart and X Johnson are the most productive twosome added by any team in America. Archie actually said he believes that Parker and X could step in and be all-conference type players.  Both are very high on the Hoosiers--Archie has them fifth.

Third interesting takeaway (that me and my kid were discussing last night): Just because Mike Smith crushed it at the point for UM last year does NOT mean that UM and MSU will re-create that with their small school transfer projected point guard starters this year.

All league teams: Archie:

1. Kofi
  2. Dickinson
  3. TJD
  4. Liddell
  5. Trevion Williams

Hummel:

1. Kofi
  2. Liddell
  3. Dickinson
  4. Curbelo
  5. Ivey

Archie appreciates the BIGS.  Very good read here Stuhoo, appreciate you sharing.  

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Archie and Hummel...a truly excellent analysis of the B1G for the upcoming season. 

First interesting takeaway from Archie: MSU doesn't have an apparent first or second team All-B1G player. Says teams without a first or second all-conference player rarely will contend. 

Second interesting takeaway: Hummel loves the addition of Durr. Archie thinks that Parker Stewart and X Johnson are the most productive twosome added by any team in America. Archie actually said he believes that Parker and X could step in and be all-conference type players.  Both are very high on the Hoosiers--Archie has them fifth.

Third interesting takeaway (that me and my kid were discussing last night): Just because Mike Smith crushed it at the point for UM last year does NOT mean that UM and MSU will re-create that with their small school transfer projected point guard starters this year.

All league teams: Archie:

1. Kofi
  2. Dickinson
  3. TJD
  4. Liddell
  5. Trevion Williams

Hummel:

1. Kofi
  2. Liddell
  3. Dickinson
  4. Curbelo
  5. Ivey

I can’t fathom a world in which TJD isn’t all-B1G, Robert. 

1. Archie knows less about basketball than I know about quantum physics.  I'll go ahead and guarantee we don't finish 5th just because he said we would.
  2. I hope he has to give every penny he made from this podcast back to IU per buyout rules
  3. Screw Archie Miller

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

7 minutes ago, Josh said:
  1. Archie knows less about basketball than I know about quantum physics.  I'll go ahead and guarantee we don't finish 5th just because he said we would.
  2. I hope he has to give every penny he made from this podcast back to IU per buyout rules
  3. Screw Archie Miller

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

That’s a pretty excellent post Josh…I lol-ed.

We ALL may be just a little bitter, or maybe it’s that you know quite a bit about quantum physics 

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That’s a pretty excellent post Josh…I lol-ed.

We ALL may be just a little bitter, or maybe it’s that you know quite a bit about quantum physics 

Quantum what?

Must be 1.

Bob Huggins wants the major conferences to dump ncaa tourney and start their own post season tournament.  This is per an article on ESPN.  It's all about money and having some control versus football.

Edited by rayl456