Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

17 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Jalen Washington had season ending surgery on the same knee he hurt earlier in his career and his senior year is over 

He's had an injury plagued high school career I and wonder how his body will withstand the rigors of college ball.  We may have dodged a bullet on this one but I do feel badly for him and the injuries he's dealt with.  

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

He's had an injury plagued high school career I and wonder how his body will withstand the rigors of college ball.  We may have dodged a bullet on this one but I do feel badly for him and the injuries he's dealt with.  

That pretty well sums up how I feel about it. I wasn't very disappointed when he decided to go elsewhere because I'm not sure he will be able to avoid season ending injuries. He's still young so it may change but I think his NBA asperations just took a huge hit, at least as far as being a lottery pick. From all accounts I've seen he's a very intelligent kid so he should be able to use his mind to earn a living if basketball doesn't work out.

2 hours ago, Demo said:

Would think more than any other year ever, Ken and Sagarin and Torvik would love to just punt this process until maybe the middle of December. 

Yeah KenPom himself says you have to give his rankings time to play out each season