Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Interesting.  Very curious where he ends up.  Seems to be following a Crean-like path, but with much less Crean-like success.  

Field of 68 has some really good content.  Goodman and Dauster were smart in starting something like that up.  Definitely a lane to make money if they produce good content.   Knowing Archie’s personality probably should of known the first thing he would do would be something on a smaller scale as opposed to doing something with a major network.  

first episode is tonight I believe and will be something I will watch.    

11 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Field of 68 has some really good content.  Goodman and Dauster were smart in starting something like that up.  Definitely a lane to make money if they produce good content.   Knowing Archie’s personality probably should of known the first thing he would do would be something on a smaller scale as opposed to doing something with a major network.  

first episode is tonight I believe and will be something I will watch.    

Kinda like his offense game plan potential?

1 hour ago, jimsorgi said:

If Archie contributed more to the field of 68 over the last few years, he’d still be at IU. 

I had similar uncharitable thoughts when I first saw this news.

19 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Unless I missed it somewhere on here Dakich wont be doing games on espn anymore 

https://www.barrettsportsmedia.com/2021/09/28/dan-dakich-joins-outkick/

Color me "I won't miss him".

He knows BBall, but can't stand his personality. (just like some people don't like my personality I assume)

"It is what it is"

38 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Unless I missed it somewhere on here Dakich wont be doing games on espn anymore 

https://www.barrettsportsmedia.com/2021/09/28/dan-dakich-joins-outkick/

I am one that liked his analytics during games.  But his schtick while in studio left/leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Particularly how he treated callers on his radio show.  

36 minutes ago, Rico said:

I am one that liked his analytics during games.  But his schtick while in studio left/leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Particularly how he treated callers on his radio show.  

Agreed. For the most part I enjoyed how he broke down things during a basketball game. But his radio/social media/etc. persona will fit in perfectly with the Clay Travis theatre. 

I'll miss Dakich. He may talk too much but he knows more about basketball than most of the ESPN announcers. Some IU fans don't like him because he is honest about IU basketball. As it turned out, he was right about Archie Miller before most IU fans were.

Always felt like Dakich was very mediocre on games. He had his narratives and talking points he decided on prior to a game and just hammered them home regardless of how the game actually developed. 

But I recognize that a lot of people liked him on games, so I’m probably in the minority there. 

Dakich was always tough for me because when he was laser focused on the game in front of him I thought he was terrific. Not Bilas or Dykes, but really good. But then out of nowhere he’d veer off into that Barstool Sports meets Walton stream of consciousness crap and he was just insufferable. A shame. He knows what he’s watching more than most of those guys.

33 minutes ago, Demo said:

Dakich was always tough for me because when he was laser focused on the game in front of him I thought he was terrific. Not Bilas or Dykes, but really good. But then out of nowhere he’d veer off into that Barstool Sports meets Walton stream of consciousness crap and he was just insufferable. A shame. He knows what he’s watching more than most of those guys.

Ideas like it are usually horribly executed, but I loved when Dakich would do the on-court analysis during timeouts or halftime or whenever he did it. 

I love that you mentioned Jimmy Dykes. That guy is amazing and was wasted on a horrible SEC for so long. 

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Ideas like it are usually horribly executed, but I loved when Dakich would do the on-court analysis during timeouts or halftime or whenever he did it. 

I love that you mentioned Jimmy Dykes. That guy is amazing and was wasted on a horrible SEC for so long. 

If status was based solely on competence, Dykes would be a star. He is great every single game.

Problem is the 90% analyst/10% radio host ratio Dakich would use for a Wisky/MSU game would inverse whenever he worked an IU game. When Mike Tirico was at ESPN and called IU games, he could rein Dakich in. But the newer play by play guys ESPN had paired with Dakich in recent years were bullied by Dan into making an IU game a conduit for his radio show.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk