Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I saw Andy Katz put out his first bracket and he has IU as a 5 seed playing 12 seed Cleveland State.  If this happens I hope it has a better outcome than lady time.

Look buddy, speak for your own lady time outcomes. I for one hope it's the same outcome as lady time!

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

OVC is a sinking ship. They’ve lost something like half their membership now. 

Losing Belmont is/was a major kick in the nut sack.  I wonder if the OVC will raid The Summit?

10 minutes ago, Rico said:

Losing Belmont is/was a major kick in the nut sack.  I wonder if the OVC will raid The Summit?

They lost their best football school (Jacksonville State) and EKU too. I kind of wonder if Murray also heads to the MVC at some point, but yeah they’re going to need members from somewhere and fast. 

20 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

They lost their best football school (Jacksonville State) and EKU too. I kind of wonder if Murray also heads to the MVC at some point, but yeah they’re going to need members from somewhere and fast. 

Speaking of Murray St......

https://whopam.com/2021/09/24/murray-state-ad-saal-issues-statement-today-concerning-conference-affiliation/

1 hour ago, Rico said:

The Racers to the AAC?  Hmmmmm

Their football program isn't at the level their b-ball program is. If they feel they can get that program to FBS status, their best options realistically are either Conference USA or the Sun Belt. They could play ho-hum football there and perenially be a contender in basketball in those conferences.

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

Their football program isn't at the level their b-ball program is. If they feel they can get that program to FBS status, their best options realistically are either Conference USA or the Sun Belt. They could play ho-hum football there and perenially be a contender in basketball in those conferences.

The other OVC schools have been going to the ASun, which I believe is currently working on a move to FBS. 

More fallout in PUke's women's bball program.

Purdue WBB asst. coach Terry Kix resigned on Sept. 16—same day Sharon Versyp announced her retirement; investigation concluded that "Kix's conduct toward former student-athletes violated the University's Anti-Harassment Policy"; Kix disputed the findings.

Official statement from Purdue

4 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://thefieldof68.substack.com/p/field-of-68-to-produce-star-studded
archie going to contribute to the field of 68 

Interesting.  Very curious where he ends up.  Seems to be following a Crean-like path, but with much less Crean-like success.  

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier