Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

In the same tweet thread from Tony, Titus was also told that Brad had a family vote about whether to stay in Boston or go to IU. The vote was 3-1, Brad was the 1.

He might have heard that, but that really doesn’t seem plausible at all based on…every adult with children in human history?

From Jon Rothstein

Sources: The NCAA has approved that starting on 9/20, two non-coaching staff members in men's and women's basketball can engage in on-court practice activity during the 21-22 season. No more than four coaches and non-coaching staff members combined, may give instruction.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Jon Rothstein

Sources: The NCAA has approved that starting on 9/20, two non-coaching staff members in men's and women's basketball can engage in on-court practice activity during the 21-22 season. No more than four coaches and non-coaching staff members combined, may give instruction.

Matta is crossing off the days on the calendar.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Jon Rothstein

Wow.
Nobody in cbb will have better available resources to capitalize on this than IU with Matta and Hill. They oughta just tag this one the Woodson rule.

Full details of the coaching change.  Interesting point is that the two non-coaching staff members positions had to have existed as of Aug. 1, 2021.  Probably lots of backdating of job descriptions taking place today.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/general-di-council-approves-modernization-track

Sounds like there wasn't just smoke at PUke with Sharon Versyp and the allegations made against her.  She announced her immediate retirement today and Katie Geralds who was previously announced as her successor in waiting is now head coach.

Since this is Luke Brown news, I thought it would be a good fit for the Luke Brown thread (imagine that!). 

But it's been closed, so am posting here. News won't shake up the college basketball world, but it's interesting nonetheless. 

I've seen that he might have interest in Ball State. Don't know if that interest is mutual, however. 

51 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Since this is Luke Brown news, I thought it would be a good fit for the Luke Brown thread (imagine that!). 

But it's been closed, so am posting here. News won't shake up the college basketball world, but it's interesting nonetheless. 

I've seen that he might have interest in Ball State. Don't know if that interest is mutual, however. 

Shows up In August.

• "Why aren't these coaches running plays for me?!?"
  • "I keep calling people out to set high ball screens for me and they just won't!"

Departs in September of his freshman year. Leaves on good terms with the coach?

Nah.