Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

14 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Related to that, I'm looking for the cheapest way to stream games this upcoming season.  I only need ESPN & BTN, but notice it looks like all of the services I've used in the past (Hulu live, YT TV) and others have increased their price to $65/month.  

Anyone using a more affordable service?  I hate the idea of having to pay that much for just 2 channels.

Related to that, I'm looking for the cheapest way to stream games this upcoming season.  I only need ESPN & BTN, but notice it looks like all of the services I've used in the past (Hulu live, YT TV) and others have increased their price to $65/month.  
Anyone using a more affordable service?  I hate the idea of having to pay that much for just 2 channels.
If you know a friend/family member with cable, and if they're kind enough to share their login info, you can stream both those channels online. Assuming the friends cable provider is on the list of compatible services.

Offer them $20 a month if they wouldn't be willing to share for free.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, pumpfake said:

This article does a decent job of showing how you can access BTN via a streaming service.

How To Watch Big Ten Network without Cable | Grounded Reason

Vidgo or Sling TV may be your cheapest options (but for Sling TV you may need both the orange and blue plans and the sports extra package)

Honestly, I share YT TV with a couple other families and share the cost. It's my favorite of all the streaming services.

1 hour ago, mjeze106 said:

This article does a decent job of showing how you can access BTN via a streaming service.

Vidgo or Sling TV may be your cheapest options (but for Sling TV you may need both the orange and blue plans and the sports extra package)

Honestly, I share YT TV with a couple other families and share the cost. It's my favorite of all the streaming services.

Thanks.  I've used YT TV for the past 2 seasons (all I use it for is IU BB).  Unfortunately they're in a spat with roku and it's not possible to install & use the channel.

I've been looking at sling - their pricing and channel lineups are strange, but it would likely be the least expensive option.

There's also something called Sterling TV that has tons of channels for less thn $30/mo but there's questions as to how "legit" it is.

19 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Thanks.  I've used YT TV for the past 2 seasons (all I use it for is IU BB).  Unfortunately they're in a spat with roku and it's not possible to install & use the channel.

I've been looking at sling - their pricing and channel lineups are strange, but it would likely be the least expensive option.

There's also something called Sterling TV that has tons of channels for less thn $30/mo but there's questions as to how "legit" it is.

I've used YT TV and Hulu.  That bit about Roku and YT TV is problematic.  Both services were good.  Both increased prices.

But some of IU's games have been broadcast on ESPNU.  Check if the service one is considering has ESPNU as well as the other ESPN channels.

Finally, as to Sling...be forewarned...there is a 3 or 2 day free trial.  However, one must enter it from the specific add that shows it.  If one clicks out of the add then tries to use the code, it does not work and one is stuck for two months of payment to Sling.  Sling requires one month prior notice of cancellation.  I really do not like Sling.

44 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

If you happen to still have the YT TV app installed on your Roku, it should still work (mine does).

Otherwise, it looks like there are some possible workaround that exist (AirPlay or Screen Mirroring, a link to Youtube TV from the Youtube app).

4 hours ago, mjeze106 said:

Same here- well one other family. I am also grandfathered in on Roku. 

3 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I may pay more for my DISH, but I won't go to stri try streaming. I like to watch all my shows except live Sporting events(when home) on DVR.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I split Youtube TV with 2 other families, pay ~$22 per month, and have unlimited DVR.

I may pay more for my DISH, but I won't go to stri try streaming. I like to watch all my shows except live Sporting events(when home) on DVR.

I split Youtube TV with 2 other families, pay ~$22 per month, and have unlimited DVR.
And YTTV's dvr (lack of better term) is so much better especially for live sports as it actually records the entire game you want to watch despite delays or extensions i.e. overtime.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

And YTTV's dvr (lack of better term) is so much better especially for live sports as it actually records the entire game you want to watch despite delays or extensions i.e. overtime.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

DISHES DVR automatically adds 1 hour to every game, meet, match that is aired. 99.9% of the time that is long enough to see the entire game.

4 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

DISHES DVR automatically adds 1 hour to every game, meet, match that is aired. 99.9% of the time that is long enough to see the entire game.

That’s good. Back when I had that I would always record the next 2 hours of programming after a game I wanted. 

31 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Yeah. I even recorded one of the Diamond League Track meets and it went over. Most Track meets are ran before it is aired a couple days later

56 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Bump. Hint, hint!!

Re-bump…capiche?