Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

16 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Decommits from Syracuse

Kamari Lands @iso_marii

I would like to thank Coach Boeheim, Coach Mac and @Cuse_MBB for everything they have done. And with that being said I will be reopening my recruitment.

This should be interesting.

Ky,Duke,NC or Kansas?

1 hour ago, Woodson1980 said:

This should be interesting.

Ky,Duke,NC or Kansas?

He never made it to campus and mentioned he wants to test the waters because of the introduction of NIL. I have little doubt that future recruiting will include information about money players have made, projected earning potential and in some cases sweet $$$ deals will already be lined up if “you only need to commit”

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

So I have two questions. 

How much does a large banner cost?  

And 

Does anybody have connections in the facilities department at Purdue?

19 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Interesting. Not sure how I would feel about this yet. It may be an unstoppable train though

https://www.outkick.com/big-ten-acc-pac-12-inching-closer-to-conference-alliance/?s=09

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Done deal.  Now has its own thread.

So stoked about College football and basketball rounding the corner. Covid be damned, this should be an incredible season to watch.

Memphis, Texas, Gonzaga, UNC, Duke. Super interesting.

The B1G. OSU, Michigan St, Purdue, Maryland, Indiana, Michigan. Feels strong.

NIL and it’s impact. I think college hoops may have been saved by the NIL.

Anyway….

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

31 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Chris Mack is now suspended without pay for 6 games. 

LOL

Don't worry he's contrite -- here's his response (I may have filled in a few comments);

"I regret that any of my unintentional [cough cough] actions or failures to follow University guidelines [laughable as they may be] have brought unnecessary attention to our outstanding [uh, cough cough] athletics programs and University," Mack said in a statement. "I understand that I could have handled matters differently[, I mean, you know, since I kinda skated on my involvement in the whole recruiting video thingy and having my grad assists practice with the team and all,]  and therefore I accept this suspension [and you know, since it only involves non-conference games which even include 2 in the Bahamas! Haha, who really cares? Oh wait, did I say that out loud?]. While it will kill me to be away from our basketball family in November, I will do everything possible to set them up for success before and after my time away, and I am fully confident that our coaches, staff and student-athletes will rise to the occasion. [But you know what really ticks me off? That dude, Guadio, only gets a $10K fine, but I gotta forfeit $221K in comp? F that!"

Louisville men's basketball coach Chris Mack has been suspended without pay for six games in November