Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

nothing to do with college basketball but worth a post somewhere 

Thanks for posting this. Ernie Johnson is a remarkable man. The way he sees the world given the turns his life has taken is a lesson to all of us.

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Some people just get it. And it’s real.

Tom Allen anyone?

I think a lot of coaches are trying to "emulate" what CTM has going @ IU, with LEO. They're trying to put their own spin on it, but from my perspective, Tom Allen is teaching other coaches what true motivation is all about.

13 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

nothing to do with college basketball but worth a post somewhere 

You're right, nothing to do with college basketball but there is a great connection to Indiana High School basketball in there.

The coach Ernie mentions is Phil Bollier who coached at Leo Jr/Sr High School in Leo, IN for many years (GO LIONS!). I graduated with his son.

Really cool story!

You're right, nothing to do with college basketball but there is a great connection to Indiana High School basketball in there.

The coach Ernie mentions is Phil Bollier who coached at Leo Jr/Sr High School in Leo, IN for many years (GO LIONS!). I graduated with his son.

Really cool story!
Class of '83. Played against/with Phil during Saturday morning open gym.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

To be fair you don’t live in west Lafayette and expect to be happy.  

3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

New saying I just made up: Even a blowhard can sometimes produce a balloon animal.

I could see Jeff wanted to help the coach a little since they're both UA alums. They must know each other pretty well and in good relationship. 

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Lol standards for something I guess