Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

4 hours ago, Southside said:

Top 25 at the end of the season is very doable IMO.

I think the roster is good enough, and I feel very confident that Woodson's scheme/coaching will be better than CAM.

We just need to keep rolling on the recruiting trail.

We need some NIL dolla dolla billz yo...

One thing for sure Woody's scheme will be easier to watch.

44 minutes ago, Demo said:

I rarely agree with Rich Bozich on anything but he said in regard to this NIL thing _Hold on folks, it's going to be like the wild wild west.

And that frontier was pretty lawless.

1 hour ago, Woodson1980 said:

I rarely agree with Rich Bozich on anything but he said in regard to this NIL thing _Hold on folks, it's going to be like the wild wild west.

And that frontier was pretty lawless.

Oh, it’s gonna be a site to behold. I’m really looking forward to the reaction to the 1st kid who says that in consultation with his mgmt team he has chosen a school for exposure and branding and for no basketball reason at all. Don’t imagine it will take long. Whomever it is, I may have to drop them a thank you of some kind for killing off Dick Vitale. ‘Cause, make no mistake, that guy will have an aneurism. 

35 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

It’s certainly impressive the non conference schedule they seem to assemble each year.  Necessity I suppose. 

If they win half or better they are in the drivers seat to a top 2 or 3 seed, if they lose them all, they can go on a 25 game winning streak and still be a top 6 seed...

It was clots after all! Must have been pretty nasty to be on meds for a full year. I wonder what the underlying issue was.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It was clots after all! Must have been pretty nasty to be on meds for a full year. I wonder what the underlying issue was.

He was on blood thinners. It wasn’t that he wasn’t capable of playing or the meds messed with him on the daily. It was just too risky to take the meds and risk injury and bleeds. Off meds, too risky for clots to return. What would suck, would be being a young gun, feeling capable of playing and contributing but not being able to due to risk factor.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

He was on blood thinners. It wasn’t that he wasn’t capable of playing or the meds messed with him on the daily. It was just too risky to take the meds and risk injury and bleeds. Off meds, too risky for clots to return. What would suck, would be being a young gun, feeling capable of playing and contributing but not being able to due to risk factor.

I know too much, from personal experience around the same age, of what he went through. My statement was it’s pretty crazy he was on meds for a full year. My clots, multiple, were in more dangerous areas than just behind the knee and I was only on blood thinners for about 6 months. It absolutely sucks being that young and feeling that capable but not supposed to do anything with too much contact. I/we didn’t have a choice as I had to dawn a bomb suit and perform responses while on blood thinners, when directly ordered not to, and had the bruises from just heavy gear and not contact.

Really just shocked they kept him on the meds for a full year. Heparin drip, lovenox as you transition to Coumadin and then a year of meds is crazy. Hope he doesn’t have the lasting complications from it and the underlying issue isn’t too serious.

Yup. They made the right decision

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk