Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

32 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

My understanding is that even though Indiana has not passed legislation yet it should not adversely affect our recruiting and ability to move forward with our well-planned NIL program. Essentially after getting slam-dunked on by the Supreme Court 9 - 0 ruling the NCAA has said an athlete’s amateur status will not be threatened by NIL participation regardless of state laws. They said if it’s allowed in 7 states by statute as far as they are concerned it is good to go in all states so as not to provide competitive advantage. They do not plan to penalize schools or athletes for NIL participation.

Jeremy Grey is in charge of NIL for Indiana. It's probably going to be easier for colleges in states with no NIL law in place.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 7.59.20 AM.png

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Akinjo gets a waiver to play immediately at Baylor.     News worthy because this would be his second year of getting a waiver.  

And like Jon Rothstein likes to Tweet:  The NCAA continues to hand out waivers like they're seedless watermelon at a 4th of July Party."

Akinjo gets a waiver to play immediately at Baylor.     News worthy because this would be his second year of getting a waiver.  

Lol.

NCAA doesn’t give any F’s.

Pay em, play em, stripper em, booster car em, transfer em, bag man em, whatever you want so long as we keep the Benjamins rolling in.

“Pssst.. Whatever you do, don’t tell on yourself.”

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Lol.

NCAA doesn’t give any F’s.

Pay em, play em, stripper em, booster car em, transfer em, bag man em, whatever you want so long as we keep the Benjamins rolling in.

“Pssst.. Whatever you do, don’t tell on yourself.”

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

And bumper stickers years ago, don’t do that either.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

52 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

For the people worried about if Sidney Wilson from SIU Edwardsville was returning to college here is your answer. Lol 

50 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Another one 

They're finally revealing their 'sources'. What has happened to journalism? /s

6 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

And people think College officials suck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It looks bad in slo mo but the first dribble wasn’t an actual dribble. Both players touched the ball and he (Booker?) didn’t have possession yet.  That is actually great officiating.