Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Agreed—he was a four year Hoosier. 

However, I remember he was from South America. Was he a German citizen?

He was always announced as being from Bogota Colombia, but I think he had dual Germany/Colombia citizenship.

4 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

The other day I recorded 4 Indiana classic games. 3 of them were against Purdue. I'm watching the 1988 Purdue at IU game and there is a starter I completely forgot about. His name was Magnus Pekowski. If I remember correctly he transfered after the season.

On another note, I would have loved to see the BtownBanners game thread for this game. There would be a lot of B******* after IU blew an 18 point lead. I think Purdue was ranked in the top 5 coming into the game.

Edit- Dean Garrett had a monster game and hit the winning basket with 4 seconds left.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pelokowki didn't transfer.  I have re watched that games plenty of times and it is a great game.  The thing about that game was that Ricky Callaway never got off the bench.  He went from one of the top players on a championship team to not getting off the bench.  If I remember correctly in that game Keith Smart didn't play much either and was benched for some of the season.

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Pelokowki didn't transfer.  I have re watched that games plenty of times and it is a great game.  The thing about that game was that Ricky Callaway never got off the bench.  He went from one of the top players on a championship team to not getting off the bench.  If I remember correctly in that game Keith Smart didn't play much either and was benched for some of the season.

I believe Callaway transferred to Kansas after the season.

11 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Did I miss this or just forget it was happening.

There's a certain irony in the second sentence of that quote - "student-athletes" & "goes into affect"

4 hours ago, pumpfake said:

There's a certain irony in the second sentence of that quote - "student-athletes" & "goes into affect"

I don't think he was the one who wrote it though. I've seen the same picture posted by several athletes including Lander.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Big blow for the Buckeyes 

Wow thought both of the OSU would be back.  Just don't understand guys who have no shot at being drafted or making an NBA roster leaving early

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wow thought both of the OSU would be back.  Just don't understand guys who have no shot at being drafted or making an NBA roster leaving early

I understand it. Four year player who got his degree and now wants to go out and earn a living.

After four years and a degree most college students feel this way.

I’m not surprised. I watched how he played at the end of the year. It was a, “I’m going to ‘show-out’ and get paid” sort of selfishness. Talented player. OSU is going to be just fine without his talents.

Liddell is coming back, no?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m not surprised. I watched how he played at the end of the year. It was a, “I’m going to ‘show-out’ and get paid” sort of selfishness. Talented player. OSU is going to be just fine without his talents.

Liddell is coming back, no?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Washington also apparently did very well at the combine invite camp and is now on tap for the actual combine.

31 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Washington also apparently did very well at the combine invite camp and is now on tap for the actual combine.

I thought they had the combine last week

20 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Does anybody know if there's a thread already out there addressing NIL?  I'm wondering what kind of impact this has on the state of Indiana?  Because a lot of states have already passed laws addressing it.  

22 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Does anybody know if there's a thread already out there addressing NIL?  I'm wondering what kind of impact this has on the state of Indiana?  Because a lot of states have already passed laws addressing it.  

Name, Image & Likeness (NIL)

Indiana is currently a state without any NIL legislation.