Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

So good luck to Duke recruiting players this year when their coach won’t be there when they step onto campus. Even if they name the coach in waiting now, I don’t see that making a big difference. Hopefully we can take advantage kd that. 

Having Scheyer around will help some. I'm betting he will be doing a lot more recruiting for his team. 

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Having Scheyer around will help some. I'm betting he will be doing a lot more recruiting for his team. 

It might help some, but there’s a big difference between recruiting kids to come play for Coach K and recruiting kids to come play for Coach Scheyer. One has 1132 career wins, the other has 0. 

Just now, Magnanimous said:

If Indiana hired Hubert Davis or Jon Scheyer this board would’ve been apoplectic. 

Jon Scheyer has a similar resume to Michael Lewis. FWIW, the board was pretty open to MLewis, even without a head coaching background. Of course, some would never have been happy with almost any hire.

Curious if they’ll name Scheyer HC in waiting the way Purdue did with Painter. Maybe that’s making a poor assumption, but it’s always been my understanding that schools with open gigs didn’t bother w/Scheyer because the Duke job was a given. Of course, that was supposedly the thing with Wes Miller/UNC.

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

So good luck to Duke recruiting players this year when their coach won’t be there when they step onto campus. Even if they name the coach in waiting now, I don’t see that making a big difference. Hopefully we can take advantage kd that. 

3 hours ago, Hutch89 said:

Not looking forward to the media salivating over him and his legacy all season long during broadcasts.  Dickie V is going to need a mute button haha

And a massive supply of chapstick!

He's 33 now, and will be 34 when he takes over one of the storied college basketball programs. 

Is it just me that thinks this is not going to work? Obviously, K would help a lot for as long as it takes, but then It's not really Scheyer's program. He's nothing but a puppet. 

56 minutes ago, akumanina said:

He's 33 now, and will be 34 when he takes over one of the storied college basketball programs. 

Is it just me that thinks this is not going to work? Obviously, K would help a lot for as long as it takes, but then It's not really Scheyer's program. He's nothing but a puppet. 

He’s just going to try and continue on what K has already built. It’s no different than what Davis is going to do at UNC other than their age. With a program that’s established it’s stupid for a school to hire someone that’s going to come in and start changing things to do it their way. 

4 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

If Indiana hired Hubert Davis or Jon Scheyer this board would’ve been apoplectic. 

Rightfully so. I wasn't happy about Woodson, but at least he has a legit resume and hasn't just been the Caddy for Ol' Roy or K. I'm not sure Scheyer is even old enough to rent a car.