Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Scoot Henderson, ‘22 pg and a consensus top 10 type kid, is graduating from HS a year early and signing with Ignite. Won’t be eligible for the draft until ‘23. So, here is the 1st kid who puts so little value in building his name and brand through college that he’s willing to play 2 years of G-League. Interesting. Need to think about tjhis a little.

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

Scoot Henderson, ‘22 pg and a consensus top 10 type kid, is graduating from HS a year early and signing with Ignite. Won’t be eligible for the draft until ‘23. So, here is the 1st kid who puts so little value in building his name and brand through college that he’s willing to play 2 years of G-League. Interesting. Need to think about this little.

There's a set of top 20 brothers that also just signed with Ignite.

2 hours ago, Demo said:

Scoot Henderson, ‘22 pg and a consensus top 10 type kid, is graduating from HS a year early and signing with Ignite. Won’t be eligible for the draft until ‘23. So, here is the 1st kid who puts so little value in building his name and brand through college that he’s willing to play 2 years of G-League. Interesting. Need to think about tjhis a little.

$$ now vs. $$ later.

2 hours ago, Demo said:

We’ll see more of this, the G League now pays decent but more significantly it’s become a legit route, with professional development and player competition level, to the NBA. It’s no longer necessary to build a brand in college ball. The G League is now real.

4 hours ago, Demo said:

Better chance of us never hearing about him again than there is of him making the nba, imo. 

2 hours ago, Demo said:

You’re almost certainly right about more of it now that the money is what it is. And from a purely skill development standpoint, this is absolutely the better option. That’s not arguable in any honest way. But I don’t agree that the G League offers anything like a comparable opportunity to build their individual brand, at least not yet, outside of the shoe world. Jonathon Kuminga and Jalen Green were bigger names than Jalen Suggs a year ago. Not now. Suggs’ exposure at Gonzaga changed that. Zion was a youtube sensation and a big name recruit, but his Duke exposure turned him into ZION. But, with enthusiastic NBA backing, I’m sure they will develop numerous streams to grow these kids as commodities. What I’d be interested to learn about are the League’s strategies and programs for turning these kids into men. I know this is an old dude talking now, but Scoot Henderson isn’t a man. He’s a boy. He is not fully formed in any way. He can’t be. None of these kids can be. My college career ended about a hundred years ago, and I was strictly a guy, but I had experiences and relationships that were fundamental to my growth into(I think) a fully formed adult. College coaches worth their salt, and I’m confident Woody is 1 of those guys, play enormous roles in the maturation of kids, even if it’s only for a year. I’m not saying these kids are wrong to take this tack or for the NBA to try to co-opt options like foreign leagues. I wouldn’t presume. But, if they’re gonna actively recruit 17 year old children, not as exceptions, but as a fundamental element of their business model,  they have to assume a large measure of responsibility for the maturation and well being of these kids while they have them. And I’d really like to know what that piece of the program looks like and how they’re gonna execute it. 
Sorry, that was only supposed to be the first 3 sentences. Then it turned into kind of a blather.

Lots of good points 

17 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Better chance of us never hearing about him again than there is of him making the nba, imo. 

Same as if he went to college. 

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Wasn’t Appling involved in one of the rapes while at MSU?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Izzo will help cover this up just like he did all the multiple rapes and multiple rapists on his teams. Just take these good-hearted boys to a children's hospital in East Lansing and it will all go away. MSU is as shady as it gets.

17 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Wasn’t Appling involved in one of the rapes while at MSU?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Izzo wore a blue pin for like 4 months weren’t we supposed to just pretend this didn’t happen.