Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

44 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

This is a good example of kids with dreams of being in the NBA.  GET YOUR DEGREE!!!!  Life after basketball can effect everyone differently and this is a case where it bad really fast.

Better yet, get a useful degree! He did get his degree from Purdue......in Educational History.....good luck using that to make money. I guess he could educate people on...the history of education. 

1 hour ago, HoosierCoop said:

This is a good example of kids with dreams of being in the NBA.  GET YOUR DEGREE!!!!  Life after basketball can effect everyone differently and this is a case where it bad really fast.

He was actually a pretty intelligent kid too. IIRC, was an all academic at PU.

I guess getting caught with several pounds of weed isn't all that smart though. I'm guessing he blew the 5ish million already...

Definitely sad.

1 hour ago, HoosierCoop said:

If his dream was to play pro basketball, just b/c the NBA didn't work out doesn't mean you can't make money playing pro ball. I don't understand why more fringe NBA players don't do this overseas. I know not everyone will be comfortable going that route, but if that is truly the dream, he could have had a heck of a career playing in another country making good money, and at any time could have impressed enough to get picked back up by a NBA team. 

16 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

C7884002-6DC6-49DF-A5E2-996E6C543568.thumb.jpeg.1acb11ca55dd3c61774bdc63e62f211c.jpeg

Dude was just in the NBA in March 2020. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a drastic change before. 

BIGGIE!!

Agree that is an aggressive level of weight gain. 

13 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

If his dream was to play pro basketball, just b/c the NBA didn't work out doesn't mean you can't make money playing pro ball. I don't understand why more fringe NBA players don't do this overseas. I know not everyone will be comfortable going that route, but if that is truly the dream, he could have had a heck of a career playing in another country making good money, and at any time could have impressed enough to get picked back up by a NBA team. 

Seems like it would sure beat slinging dope and going to court and possibly jail for it.

Sad story of missed opportunities. Hope he turns it around. At his size, he's not looking at a long life if he doesn't turn around his health either.

Jalen Coleman-Lands just announced on Instagram that he's coming to KU. Averaged 14.3 PPG last year at Iowa State. Good 3-point shooter. This will be his seventh year in college.

CJ Moore 

crazy college journey for this one time IU target back in the Crean days.  Lol 

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Jalen Coleman-Lands just announced on Instagram that he's coming to KU. Averaged 14.3 PPG last year at Iowa State. Good 3-point shooter. This will be his seventh year in college.

CJ Moore 

crazy college journey for this one time IU target back in the Crean days.  Lol 

Ya know, I moved away from Indy in June of 2012. The idea that there is a kid STILL playing in college that I watched play in HS while I lived there is beyond belief. There are guys from his class on their 2nd NBA contracts.

37 minutes ago, Demo said:

Ya know, I moved away from Indy in June of 2012. The idea that there is a kid STILL playing in college that I watched play in HS while I lived there is beyond belief. There are guys from his class on their 2nd NBA contracts.

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

One example would be Lynn Washington.  He played two years for IU...1999 and 2000.  Averaged less than 6 pts per game.  6'7" 230 lbs.  Left IU and went to Japan where he played for something like 10 years.  No, it wasn't the NBA, and he didn't make millions annually, but he made over 100k annually, which he invested back home.  His housing and living expenses were all handled by his team.  For a marginal college player he did pretty damn well... and he was good enough to be a perennial all star as well as being considered a legend in his Japanese pro league.  **The key, ofc, is that you have to have the strength, guts, courage, faith, whatever you want to call it...to go overseas.  Leaving home, strange language, strange culture, strange food...it's not easy.  But it can be done...but it's not for everyone.

Edited by rayl456

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31472035/sales-pitch-discussion-big-ten-national-championship-drought

Espn staff give thoughts on Big Ten title drought as well as Woodson's first months on the job and their impressions of him (all are impressed with his work so far).

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31472035/sales-pitch-discussion-big-ten-national-championship-drought

Espn staff give thoughts on Big Ten title drought as well as Woodson's first months on the job and their impressions of him (all are impressed with his work so far).

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/31465725/sales-pitch-most-offer-recruits-transfers-big-ten

Similar article style asks about recruiting/transfers. IU tier 1.