Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

As expected TyTy Washington to UK.

Also, this quote is so funny because he’s the only PG on UK’s roster. He literally has no competition for playing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a very interesting story. At Detroit Mercy (where Mike Davis is, coincidentally), the women's coach was accused of player mistreatment and abuse. So ... they got rid of the team, not the coach. They will have an entirely new roster next season. 

One player wanted to stay, but was told she couldn't. She could stay at the school and be on scholarship, but would no longer be welcome on the basketball team (sorta like Jerome Hunter, I guess). 

Kinda bizarre ... 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/detroit-mercy-womens-basketball-player-100012049.html

50 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

This is a very interesting story. At Detroit Mercy (where Mike Davis is, coincidentally), the women's coach was accused of player mistreatment and abuse. So ... they got rid of the team, not the coach. They will have an entirely new roster next season. 

One player wanted to stay, but was told she couldn't. She could stay at the school and be on scholarship, but would no longer be welcome on the basketball team (sorta like Jerome Hunter, I guess). 

Kinda bizarre ... 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/detroit-mercy-womens-basketball-player-100012049.html

More like Detroit No Mercy, amirite?

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Kinda bizarre ... 

Thanks for posting this. Fascinating. Can’t wait to learn more about it.

11 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Yep. I anticipate a season record of Stacked - 1

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Top 10 team playing in a MAC level league.  They probably will go undefeated eventually but to me it will not be nearly as impressive as the last few teams to do it before them.  They play 5 or 6 varsity teams and then about 20 JV teams before the tournament and get rewarded with a 1 or 2 seed every year and then always choke.  Good program, good team, but overrated IMO.  It would be interesting to see them play in a P5 conference and see what they look like year to year.  They would still do well, but I lay money the undefeated threat goes way out the door.

17 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Top 10 team playing in a MAC level league.  They probably will go undefeated eventually but to me it will not be nearly as impressive as the last few teams to do it before them.  They play 5 or 6 varsity teams and then about 20 JV teams before the tournament and get rewarded with a 1 or 2 seed every year and then always choke.  Good program, good team, but overrated IMO.  It would be interesting to see them play in a P5 conference and see what they look like year to year.  They would still do well, but I lay money the undefeated threat goes way out the door.

Gonzaga has proven more than once they are an elite program. They broke through to their second Elite 8 in 2015. So from 2015-2021, they have been to 6 Sweet 16s, 4 Elite 8s, 2 final fours and have been runner up twice. How many other programs have had a better 7 years? Very, very, very few. Gonzaga has been a Top 5 program in that span. 

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Gonzaga has proven more than once they are an elite program. They broke through to their second Elite 8 in 2015. So from 2015-2021, they have been to 6 Sweet 16s, 4 Elite 8s, 2 final fours and have been runner up twice. How many other programs have had a better 7 years? Very, very, very few. Gonzaga has been a Top 5 program in that span. 

And how does that detract from my point at all?  Top 10 team playing in a crappy league which ensures they get a 1 or 2 seed almost every year.  They don't play anyone before the Sweet 16 basically every year.  

Yeah, they are good, but that garbage conference they play in is like 18 to 20 guaranteed wins every year.  There is a reason they get that far every year but have zero titles.

They are basically Kentucky in the old SEC on steroids.  A good program that really benefits from playing no one for 2/3 of the year.  Except their schedule is even worse than what UK used to play.

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

And how does that detract from my point at all?  Top 10 team playing in a crappy league which ensures they get a 1 or 2 seed almost every year.  They don't play anyone before the Sweet 16 basically every year.  

Yeah, they are good, but that garbage conference they play in is like 18 to 20 guaranteed wins every year.  There is a reason they get that far every year but have zero titles.

They are basically Kentucky in the old SEC on steroids.  A good program that really benefits from playing no one for 2/3 of the year.  Except their schedule is even worse than what UK used to play.

Last year they dominated everyone in their OOC schedule. Even when they play teams from the big boy conferences, they are still winning. They may have lost 1 or 2 games in the B1G last year. Maybe. 

31 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Last year they dominated everyone in their OOC schedule. Even when they play teams from the big boy conferences, they are still winning. They may have lost 1 or 2 games in the B1G last year. Maybe. 

Playing a handful of good teams at neutral sites isn't anything like going through an entire conference season in a P5 conference. 

Regardless of how many road games the Zags played or didn’t play against power 5 wouldn’t of mattered last year.   They were 1 of the 2 best teams in college basketball last year.   Wouldn’t of mattered what conference they played in last year.  Zags didn’t lose the national title game last year because they didn’t have a tough enough schedule they lost last year because they played the other team that was considered 1 of the 2 best.   

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Playing a handful of good teams at neutral sites isn't anything like going through an entire conference season in a P5 conference. 

And they would have went through Indianas schedule last year with 1 or 2 losses. They and Baylor were just that much better than everyone last season. 

NCAA's ineptitude continues to be displayed. It isn't as though they haven't had time to figure it out. The state of Indiana should pass a similar law so at least the athletes at IN schools could take advantage of the NIL while the NCAA gets its $#!7 together.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-council-unlikely-to-recommend-name-image-likeness-rules-as-states-laws-set-to-go-into-effect/