Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Up for consideration at a June 3, NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel meeting.

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/technical-fouls-proposed-players-who-flop-men-s-basketball

The foul rule they want to test is godawful. It’s unnecessarily convoluted and just deeply stupid. I don’t get why 5 fouls is considered an issue. Never have. But if you’re trying to keep guys on the floor, how about just not having disqualifications? Give a player 5 fouls. Any fouls on the player after 5 is 2 shots and the ball. It’s simple and adds another strategic element. But I don’t understand the need to change it to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

The foul rule they want to test is godawful. It’s unnecessarily convoluted and just deeply stupid. I don’t get why 5 fouls is considered an issue. Never have. But if you’re trying to keep guys on the floor, how about just not having disqualifications? Give a player 5 fouls. Any fouls on the player after 5 is 2 shots and the ball. It’s simple and adds another strategic element. But I don’t understand the need to change it to begin with. 

Yea that seems really dumb. I am okay with having the 6 fouls. That's 3 per half for players and coaches. But the fact that men's basketball has yet to go to four 10-minute quarters is ridiculous. But I'd also like to see the same bonus structure but per quarter. So 7 fouls per quarter before bonus. Would cut down a crap ton on FTs which would just be fantastic. 

With UI losing two assistant coaches, I've been casually following their search (1 down, 1 to go evidently).  Saw a link to this article about potential candidates:  https://writingillini.com/2021/05/04/illinois-basketball-5-assistant-coach-options-illini/amp/3/

I had to LOL at the last sentence regarding the 3rd potential candidate (hint: former IU assistant Ostrom).