Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

His point was Texas isn’t remotely the same program as the one Durant played for. Apple and Orange comparison. So the Texas reference is virtually null and void.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I know.   I was just pointing out Texas offered today right after he decommitted 

18 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

So Cincinnati’s John Brannon was paying players not to report him? Or paying them for other stuff? What’s the deal? Odd story here.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Brannon's attorney clarified that Brannon paid $135 for his player to see a psychiatrist because the psychiatrist that UC hired wasn't well qualified. I think UC wasn't satisfied with the on-court product and was trying to fire him with cause so they won't have to pay him a lot. After the kind of success UC had with Bob Huggins and Mick Cronin, they probably thought Brannon was subpar. 

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Sometimes it felt like no matter what, Archie Miller couldn't catch a break.

Sometimes it feels like no matter what, Mike Woodson can't not catch a break.

I love this problem!

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Maybe.  Hopefully.

But Michigan is loaded and have guys  chomping at the bit to play there.  Wagner is a nice player, no doubt but they’ve reloaded.  

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Maybe.  Hopefully.

But Michigan is loaded and have guys  chomping at the bit to play there.  Wagner is a nice player, no doubt but they’ve reloaded.  

Oh for sure!

But they’d be even better with Wagner, and Woody walks into Minny, Penn St, Iowa, and Illinois teams that are far diminished.

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

CAM seemed snake bitten the whole time he was here. CMW seems like a guy who will make his own breaks.

2 of 6 Louisville’s 2019 class are still with Louisville.  Another one transferred today.   When judging a teams recruiting ranking remember to give it time to play out.    Mack on paper had a top 12 class that year but just a couple years later no much to show for it.   Reminded me of Ohio Sts class years ago that was top 5 nationally but everyone transferred out a year later  

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

2 of 6 Louisville’s 2019 class are still with Louisville.  Another one transferred today.   When judging a teams recruiting ranking remember to give it time to play out.    Mack on paper had a top 12 class that year but just a couple years later no much to show for it.   Reminded me of Ohio Sts class years ago that was top 5 nationally but everyone transferred out a year later  

Here in Louisville, I can tell you the fans are starting to resemble IU fans before Crean was fired. Divided, fighting between Mack supporters and Mack haters, seeing themselves quickly fading over the last few years with bursts of greatness...in fact, they are really starting to resemble the late Crean period. Disgraced coach fired (and now relevant again), followed by a guy hired to rebuild and rebrand who has a decent season or two, but probably won’t get over the hump. 

Iowa catch and shoot portal transfer CJ Fredrick to Kensucky.

Iowa loses Garza, Fredrick, and Nunge from their rotation. Murray becomes a 25+ per game guy, but they'll be without their best shooter and their all-everything player. And with no real freshman/portal help yet. Moreover, the local media is saying that Weiskamp isn't all that likely to return. If they lose him too they are going to be truly hurting,

Gotta think if our team system works we will (and other teams will) comfortably leapfrog them. 

Iowa catch and shoot portal transfer CJ Fredrick to Kensucky.
Iowa loses Garza, Fredrick, and Nunge from their rotation. Murray becomes a 25+ per game guy, but they'll be without their best shooter and their all-everything player. And with no real freshman/portal help yet. Moreover, the local media is saying that Weiskamp isn't all that likely to return. If they lose him too they are going to be truly hurting,
Gotta think if our team system works we will (and other teams will) comfortably leapfrog them. 

I like Fredrick as I think he’s a nice lil player. However, I just looked at Kensucky’s recruiting class this year and they look to be way down compared to past. 2 years in a row without pUKe in the tourney? Fan base will be in absolute meltdown mode!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, yogisballin said:

I like Fredrick as I think he’s a nice lil player. However, I just looked at Kensucky’s recruiting class this year and they look to be way down compared to past. 2 years in a row without pUKe in the tourney? Fan base will be in absolute meltdown mode!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

And Cal’s buyout is $52 million...