Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

On 4/27/2021 at 10:05 AM, IGotMeAWoody said:

Georgia is really turning on Crean fast. Did this rumor exist around the time we missed on Don. Mitchell? https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2021/04/26/report-tom-crean-once-told-utah-jazz-star-he-wasnt-good-enough-for-nba/amp/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I think they took that story down, darn it.  I really wanted to read that.

Looks like you're right. You're not missing out on much, they just shared a rumor that Crean texted Donovan Mitchell after he picked Louisville over IU. They didn't provide any screenshots or actual proof, just spreading gossip.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jumpshot53 said:

As mentioned, it was just a litany of complaints about Crean. THIS story about Crean: Link is worth your time though. Hilarious and I'm not even a real Crean basher. 

Ok not really a "story" but still funny. Here is one of my favorite quotes: "In all of them, it's not just that Tom Crean looked lost. He looked like a lost Tom Crean, a thing more lost-looking in the moment than most lost-looking things, tugging at his horrible pants, swatting around his hopeless haircut, and driving Indiana fans to the brink of madness by refusing to take timeouts."

3 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

As mentioned, it was just a litany of complaints about Crean. THIS story about Crean: Link is worth your time though. Hilarious and I'm not even a real Crean basher. 

Ok not really a "story" but still funny. Here is one of my favorite quotes: "In all of them, it's not just that Tom Crean looked lost. He looked like a lost Tom Crean, a thing more lost-looking in the moment than most lost-looking things, tugging at his horrible pants, swatting around his hopeless haircut, and driving Indiana fans to the brink of madness by refusing to take timeouts."

Thanks, that was funny!  I met Tom Crean once at a charity event and after I introduced myself he loudly asked "are you a Purdue fan".   I was  very surprised because it came out very accusatory besides being very loud.  I assured him I was an IU fan and I spent the next few hours trying to figure out why he assumed that.  I wasn't wearing black and gold, I was sitting with other people wearing red and I was very polite to him.  It was very strange!

8 hours ago, jumpshot53 said:

Thanks, that was funny!  I met Tom Crean once at a charity event and after I introduced myself he loudly asked "are you a Purdue fan".   I was  very surprised because it came out very accusatory besides being very loud.  I assured him I was an IU fan and I spent the next few hours trying to figure out why he assumed that.  I wasn't wearing black and gold, I was sitting with other people wearing red and I was very polite to him.  It was very strange!

He could see into your heart. Crean was a sage!

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Hasn't he been in trouble before?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yep.  Cal St hired him during an active investigation.   Worked out about like everyone thought it would. lol 

Yep.  Cal St hired him during an active investigation.   Worked out about like everyone thought it would. lol 

Maybe they should target Crean next, because his career is heading that direction. Or better yet, just pay Sean Miller and keep on keeping on.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

If I never post here again just know that I died from suffocating laughter while reading the Rupps rafters response to this 

Share some of the highlights? Or lowlights? Lol need a good start to my weekend to crack the first beer on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

What is Goodman even talking about, lol. It would “make sense” if the same staff that coached Durant was still there but it’s a completely different one. 

Texas offered Bates tonight