Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

32 minutes ago, Josh said:

We can't lose our recruits because apr, but we could have released them and not had an apr hit.  Am I wrong?

I've been saying for years that it doesn't make any sense so I agree with you. I don't but it either.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

People accept this as fact but refuse to think about how it makes no sense.  Strange.

Keeping recruits because of APR doesn't seem to make sense.  But, today on this thread, I have not seen anyone say that.   I know that I said he had to keep the recruits.   And, I said that APR may have been a contributing factor about keeping players.   Not the same issue.  I know that I didn't say that APR was the reason for keeping recruits.

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

One of Wes Miller's UNGC assistants is following him to Cincy. Still haven't seen anything on Mike Roberts' plans ... 

It sounds like this guy will be the DOBO. Miller wants Roberts to be his Associate Head Coach but it's not official yet. 

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:
  • Mark Fox’s final three seasons saw Georgia go 57-44 overall, 26-28 in SEC play.
  • Over Crean’s three seasons, Georgia is 41-49 overall, 14-40 in SEC play.

26 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

7 person signing class in 2019... That's the Tom Crean I know. 

11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

People dog on Crean and his time at Georgia... But Georgia has gotten better every season and just had a better season than IU. And people here we're still on the fence about firing Archie.

It’s not hard to improve when you go 2-16 in the conference your first year. He’s 14-40 in the SEC the past three years. I know it’s Crean’s style to not count the first three years of his tenure at schools, but that’s really bad. 

30 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

People dog on Crean and his time at Georgia... But Georgia has gotten better every season and just had a better season than IU. And people here we're still on the fence about firing Archie.

True dat. Although by the end of last season (save for the "Stevens/Beard, Oats or no one" unrealistic lunacy crowd) very, very , very few, (at least on this board) were in favor of keeping Archie. FWIW, the UGA board is overwhelmingly done with Crean.

As for Crean, unlike at IU he didn't inherit a train wreck at UGA and his recruiting is getting worse, not better.

• He pulled a seven man recruiting class two years ago with the #1 five star, four other four stars, and two three stars. Not one single player from that class will suit up for Georgia this coming season. It's as if he already pulled his Watford, Hulls, Creek, Zeller level kids, but unlike at IU even that didn't translate into success.
  • His incoming recruiting class consists of the 216th and 250th player nationally.
  • His most impactful incoming portal transfer is a player that averaged 12.4 ppg at Florida Atlantic.

It is most certainly NOT trending well at all.

I don't hate on previous coaches. I appreciate what they tried to do here, but for whatever reason, it didn't work out. I'm even glad that Sampson has found some success. I don't blame him for what happened here, I blame the administration that hired him given what was known. I like Mike Davis the person, just not the coach. I want CAM and coach Crean to find success also. Nothing wrong with wanting fellow human beings have a happy life.