Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Arizona is hiring Tommy Lloyd.  Gonzaga assistant.  Zags will miss him.    Recruiter. 

Comparing our hire of Woodson to UNC and Arizona’s hire now I feel like we did really well for ourselves. It seems as if less coaches are willing to jump to “better” jobs. 

I just think how things are today you won't see many big time coaches leaving a top program for another top job.  I think you will see more places hiring coaches who are familiar with that program over just hiring the next shining new coach.

My complete guess is that Archie is pretty set on sitting out a year unless another amazing offer comes up. He just came out of one of the biggest pressure cookers in the country. Jumping into a new role where he would have to deal with the portal and all the madness associated with it probably isn't high on his to-do list right now.

23 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

My complete guess is that Archie is pretty set on sitting out a year unless another amazing offer comes up. He just came out of one of the biggest pressure cookers in the country. Jumping into a new role where he would have to deal with the portal and all the madness associated with it probably isn't high on his to-do list right now.

He’s required to look for work 

22 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

He’s required to look for work 

Does that really mean anything though? There are plenty of people collecting unemployment benefits from the state with zero intention of actually working. I'm just saying I doubt he is putting both feet forward for some of these open positions knowing he would likely face a complete roster rebuild with the open transfer portal.

16 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

Does that really mean anything though? There are plenty of people collecting unemployment benefits from the state with zero intention of actually working. I'm just saying I doubt he is putting both feet forward for some of these open positions knowing he would likely face a complete roster rebuild with the open transfer portal.

Which would be grounds for IUs lawyers to deny him his salary. 

Why do you think Crean did a year as a commentator. Which is just really an option for Archie for a variety of reasons 

48 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Which would be grounds for IUs lawyers to deny him his salary. 

Why do you think Crean did a year as a commentator. Which is just really an option for Archie for a variety of reasons 

Crean did it because he was good at it and wanted to do it.   Coaches will always “look” for employment as the contract says but most are not really looking and collecting.   Matta at one point had to look for employment so his name would pop up every now and then for a job everyone in the business knew he would never end up at.   Archie will be fine and will get a job on the next coaching cycle.  

1 hour ago, FightFor6 said:

Doesn’t mean anything.  It means Archie is going to make a lot of money spending time with his family and watching basketball.   Probably will do the coaches tour of going to different practices and next years coaching cycle you will see his name pop up 

16 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Demo’s guy is the new Cincy coach.    Excellent hire by them to get Wes MIller 

That’s a couple of really gutsy hires today with Lloyd and Miller. UC being willing hire a guy that I’d bet my house will outgrow the job and UA taking an Asst, even a great one. Hats off to both of those AD’s for being willing to stretch.