Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

37 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

No, it just means you're the only one who thinks a team that was unranked most of this season and looked inferior to North Texas will be the best team in the country in November. 

And I should put a team at #1 that struggled to an 11 seed on the bubble and just happened to make a cinderella run? I can hate Purdue, but also have to look at them without any bias and see that their roster is arguably the best in the nation. Will that mean they will live up to the hype? No clue. 

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

And I should put a team at #1 that struggled to an 11 seed on the bubble and just happened to make a cinderella run? I can hate Purdue, but also have to look at them without any bias and see that their roster is arguably the best in the nation. Will that mean they will live up to the hype? No clue. 

I agree.  Top 5 roster without question.  But living up to that is another debate. 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Gotta be Dennis Gates here, doesn’t it? Just don’t see how they can do better.

You would think, but all the local talk this afternoon is about Archie. The thinking is that it would be a mistake to hire another short-term Horizon League coach. 

6 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I guess I just don't see it.  Really good roster, but I can't come up with an argument that it's the best in the nation.  I certainly don't see a guy on their team who is going to take over a game if the offense is struggling.  

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

If you subscribe to the Showtime channels, Perfect in 76 is on Showtime Family Zone at 6 AM central time tomorrow.
I know some one asked about it on this board a couple days ago.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Worth watching for sure

They have Curbelo coming back and..? It seems like players bolted from there pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
@Brumdog45 were you the one telling me early on that Illinois had some issues despite how well they were playing. Not sure if this is what you meant but you were at least seeing something was amiss

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

I guess I just don't see it.  Really good roster, but I can't come up with an argument that it's the best in the nation.  I certainly don't see a guy on their team who is going to take over a game if the offense is struggling.  

Jaden Ivey and Trevion Williams. Both B1G POY candidates. They will for sure be Top 5 to start the season without a doubt. It'll just be whether or not they can handle that pressure.