Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

23 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I don't "blame" their loss on the WCC, I "blame" it on Baylor being the better team last night...and maybe overall. 

I do "blame" their undefeated record on the conference though. As many have pointed out, they don't get through most P6 conferences unblemished this year or any other. 

This tweet made me laugh. 

2 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

I don't "blame" their loss on the WCC, I "blame" it on Baylor being the better team last night...and maybe overall. 

I do "blame" their undefeated record on the conference though. As many have pointed out, they don't get through most P6 conferences unblemished this year or any other. 

Worth mentioning that the overall SOS of Gonzaga and Baylor were similar -- Pom had Gonzaga at 72 and Baylor at 54.  

The difference?  Baylor SOS is backloaded while Gonzaga's is frontloaded -- Gonzaga started their year against Kansas, Auburn, and West Virginia and would have played Baylor next had they not had a covid pause -- and then played Iowa and Virginia later in non-conference play.  So that was four ranked teams in their non-conference schedule with a fifth that was canceled.  

But playing your tougher games later problem is a better way to prepare for the tourney.

17 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

This has actually been a pretty awesome "off-season"

Jobs that opened up

Indiana

North Carolina

Arizona

Iowa State

Utah

Texas

Texas Tech

Marquette

Minnesota

Boston College

Oklahoma

Penn State

UNLV

Utah State

I figured people would have noticed that I included Arizona as an open job before anyone posted Miller was out at Zona.