Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Eh I don’t think I agree. Michigan with a healthy Livers is better, imo. Gonzaga’s weak conference puts less of a strain on their players throughout the season. Their conference also helps pad their record and inflate their seed every year. I just have a hard time respecting Gonzaga because they don’t face the same rigor as other teams throughout the season.  

I know Few schedules a tough non con and they were a great team but no way they go undefeated in a good conference.

9 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

Purdue 3rd? Is North Texas 2nd?

9 minutes ago, Trish said:

No mention of Indiana in any Too Early Top 25's this morning. 

It will likely take some new blood coming in (X or Keion) for anyone nationally to take notice. If you're on the outside looking in, you see a team returning most of the same players from a 12-15 team except for IU's 2nd leading scorer and 2nd best post-player.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

I thought you guys were overreacting, but at this point, he's just a Twitter troll. The lack of professionalism is stagering. 

Yeah he is obsessed with trolling IU fans who continually take the bait. Just a bit sad that he videos Scott drew in pure celebration and doesn't congratulate him but trolls another fanbase/AD. 

7 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Yeah he is obsessed with trolling IU fans who continually take the bait. Just a bit sad that he videos Scott drew in pure celebration and doesn't congratulate him but trolls another fanbase/AD. 

Maybe he gave Archie control of his Twitter account...

1 hour ago, Trish said:

I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Quite frankly with this roster they aren't a top 25 yet. Also, they are all over the place with the rankings. We won't really know until May/June how IU stacks up. Maryland, Ohio State, and Purdue look to be decent.

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Quite frankly with this roster they aren't a top 25 yet. Also, they are all over the place with the rankings. We won't really know until May/June how IU stacks up. Maryland, Ohio State, and Purdue look to be decent.

Oh I'm not. I'm not sold on our team yet, but it's looking better each week. 

We still need to solve the shooting problem even if everyone comes back. 

1 minute ago, Trish said:

Oh I'm not. I'm not sold on our team yet, but it's looking better each week. 

We still need to solve the shooting problem even if everyone comes back. 

Right now I think this is a tournament team. But not a team that can make a deep run. Add Armaan and/or Johnson maybe they are. I'd like to see Woody hit the transfer portal hard and bring in two-three guys who can play quality minutes. I just don't see Brunk contributing as much as well as Leal and Galloway. 

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Katz has always been a BIG homer and it shows in this article. Not saying he is wrong, but I just don't see 4 BIG teams in the top 10 next year. Also has Illinois at #14, not sure what that is based on (maybe Kofi coming back). 

Obviously it is hard to project anything at this point so we will see. Also cool that IU is getting some love at #26. 

There are a lot of points both ways about Gonzaga, the WCC, and their noncon scheduling. But the fact remains that the conference allows them to skate through 90% of their last 20 or so games of the season leading up for tournament time. They’re an incredible team but you still have to keep the blade from getting dull late in the season when other good teams are peaking. They didn’t know how to respond to Baylor punching them in the chops from the outset.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No surprise. Indiana is going to have to earn every shred of credit the national media may feel like giving them.

Edit: I didn’t realize this was from Katz. I did see Borzello’s last night so I thought it was his. While Katz is a pretty solid B1G homer, the national media has made it a risk for anyone to admit a positive outlook on IU right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Katz has always been a BIG homer and it shows in this article. Not saying he is wrong, but I just don't see 4 BIG teams in the top 10 next year. Also has Illinois at #14, not sure what that is based on (maybe Kofi coming back). 

Obviously it is hard to project anything at this point so we will see. Also cool that IU is getting some love at #26. 

Purdue and Ohio State will have a good regular season only to get bounced by another North Texas or Oral Roberts..haha in all seriousness they have loads of talent coming back.