Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

4 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

The same Iowa team we swept? Virginia was mediocre this year in a very down year for the ACC so yea, in the beginning on the season they played W Virginia and played well...that was 5 months ago...did you have a point or just being a contrarian? Is that you case that they played an adequate schedule to prepare themselves for this game?

You act like they only.plsyed mid major teams but they played plenty.of power 5 teams.

4 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

They played an OK non-conference schedule. It was only tough in comparison to their conference schedule.

Their non-conf SOS was 112th. IU's by comparison was 73rd.

Zags Non con was 46th and IU’s was 74.  This is the Non con SOS used by the committee 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Zags were good all year.  I don’t care they got beat in the last one.  No matter what conference they would of played in they were one of the 2 best teams all year. 

Eh I don’t think I agree. Michigan with a healthy Livers is better, imo. Gonzaga’s weak conference puts less of a strain on their players throughout the season. Their conference also helps pad their record and inflate their seed every year. I just have a hard time respecting Gonzaga because they don’t face the same rigor as other teams throughout the season.  

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Eh I don’t think I agree. Michigan with a healthy Livers is better, imo. Gonzaga’s weak conference puts less of a strain on their players throughout the season. Their conference also helps pad their record and inflate their seed every year. I just have a hard time respecting Gonzaga because they don’t face the same rigor as other teams throughout the season.  

Michigan lost to Minnesota during the year.     I get people wanting to put them down for the conference but all I can say is Baylor and Gonzaga were the 2 best teams i watched all year.  From the beginning of the season until now it was always those 2 that stood out to me.  Michigan had a chance to catch that group but in my opinion in watching all year these 2 teams were above the rest and it wasn’t even close.   

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

While all of that is true, you can only play who is on your schedule. They had a great team. Baylor was better. I like that the 76 team is the last undefeated national champion. Someone else doing it won't upset me that much. Way bigger things to worry about.

17 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Michigan lost to Minnesota during the year.     I get people wanting to put them down for the conference but all I can say is Baylor and Gonzaga were the 2 best teams i watched all year.  From the beginning of the season until now it was always those 2 that stood out to me.  Michigan has a chance to catch that group but in my opinion in watching all year these 2 teams were above the rest and it wasn’t even close.   

Minnesota finished 13th in the Big Ten but still beat the 3rd place team in the WCC twice this year, including by 15 one game. That shows the difference in opponents between a team like Gonzaga and a team like Michigan. Even the worst teams Michigan faces in its conference are as good or better than the best teams Gonzaga faces in its conference. They can only play whoever is on their schedule, and they very well could be the 2nd best team in college basketball but I’m still a critic of theirs.

When another team becomes undefeated champion, I won't hold them in high regard if they come from a lesser conference (I'm sure they won't care)

How difficult was IU's undefeated season?  The team they played to win the title was Michigan, a team they had to beat 3 times.