Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

100%.

Couldn't believe they showed replays and the commentators didn’t say a word. Should have been.very obvious call.

Had this conversation with my wife. Like, what do these guys see that we don’t? In slow motion it was a foul, goaltend or both but all they could say is how great a block it was. 

I know it’s a crazy scramble at the end but with 3.3 seconds to go Suggs was allowed/able to dribble all the way past half court without anyone coming close to at least make him slow down or change direction. I know UCLA did not want to foul but he was just allowed to dribble full speed in a straight line.

9 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

The Gonzaga conference argument is played out. Yes they are only challenged by a BYU and occasionally a Saint Mary’s but a school without a football team isn’t going to be able to move to a better conference.

Weak conference or not they’ve been legit for nearly a decade now. Routinely churning out pros, and they’d be a legit threat in any conference they’d play in if allowed to move freely but are just restricted due to their school size and lack of football

Put IU in the WCC this season and where do they finish? 2nd? 3rd? And we were one of the worst teams in the B1G this year. Gonzaga would probably be at the top of the P5 conferences this year, but they wouldn’t have went undefeated. They’d have to consistently go against teams like Illinois, Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin in the Big Ten, and they’d have to go on the road against them. Same if they were in the ACC, SEC, or Big 12. They can have off nights and still win pretty easily in the WCC. Not so much in a P5 conference. 

5 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Ya. So you agree with me. My point was Baylor can easily get 90 on Gonzaga, but Gonzaga isn’t getting 90 on Baylor 

Both are top 10 offenses, but one played in a lot tougher conference. Baylor is a top 50 D. Zags aren't a top 100 D.

Should be a good game. IMO, anything could happen, but Baylor is simply better than UCLA. 

UCLA isn't a top 100 offense. Their D is ranked 95th.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Put IU in the WCC this season and where do they finish? 2nd? 3rd? And we were one of the worst teams in the B1G this year. Gonzaga would probably be at the top of the P5 conferences this year, but they wouldn’t have went undefeated. They’d have to consistently go against teams like Illinois, Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin in the Big Ten, and they’d have to go on the road against them. Same if they were in the ACC, SEC, or Big 12. They can have off nights and still win pretty easily in the WCC. Not so much in a P5 conference. 

I think Gonzaga would have won the big ten easily.  they might not have went undefeated but the big ten was overrated the whole year.

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I'm not so sure IU finishing 2nd or 3rd is a given. At least this past season's squad. I can't recall a more disappointing IU squad. They weren't expected to be conference champs or anything, but I surely didn't expect them to fold in games or quit to end the season like many, including me, think they did.

I'm not saying Gonzaga would go undefeated if they were in the Big10, I'm just saying the've had a legit roster for at least the past 5 seasons. They've put Collins, Sabonis, Hachiamura, Clarke into the draft just in the past 3 or 4 drafts alone. I just think they'd hold their own. The conference they play in is not indicative to the talent they possess is my argument, which I guess everyone is more hung up on them potentially going undefeated. If the '76 doesn't care if the record is broken I don't think I should care much, but to each their own 

Both are top 10 offenses, but one played in a lot tougher conference. Baylor is a top 50 D. Zags aren't a top 100 D.
Should be a good game. IMO, anything could happen, but Baylor is simply better than UCLA. 
UCLA isn't a top 100 offense. Their D is ranked 95th.

I hope I’m wrong, but Gonzaga will probably win the Championship!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Holy cow. Miley F'ing Cyrus as the opening for the BB game lol. 
Don't get me wrong, she's got some assets, but her channeling Joan Jett or something, is pretty bad. 
And the social distancing fans.. 

I despise these rock/pop/Country concerts at sporting events. If people need a concert to keep people entertained, the product on the field/court/rink isn't very good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, DChoosier said:

I know it’s a crazy scramble at the end but with 3.3 seconds to go Suggs was allowed/able to dribble all the way past half court without anyone coming close to at least make him slow down or change direction. I know UCLA did not want to foul but he was just allowed to dribble full speed in a straight line.

I mean if you’re gonna let Suggs drive all the way to the 3pt line without one guy challenging him, then I’m leaving and you guys can run ‘till you can’t even f****** suffer. 

-Mick Cronin, probably 

9 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I despise these rock/pop/Country concerts at sporting events. If people need a concert to keep people entertained, the product on the field/court/rink isn't very good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Welp, the game was pretty darn good even though Vegas and most thought it would be a Zag's blowout.

I don't mind concerts at all for big events, but the production on that one was just plain bad.