Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Supreme Court is taking oral arguments and considering if NCAA has a monopoly over student/athletes.  https://lawandcrime.com/supreme-court/supreme-court-appears-poised-to-break-up-ncaas-monopoly-power-over-college-athletes-in-landmark-antitrust-case/?utm_source=mostpopular

Don't know if this is posted in the correct thread.  

Will this end college sports as we know it?  

Edited by Dave from Dayton

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

And theyll probably raise their tuition and just pocket it. 

OS is actually really reasonable tuition wise. I got my bachelor's there through their online courses at the instate tuition rate. It was actually cheaper than what it cost me to attend classes at IU Southeast.

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Iowa's Luka Garza has been named AP National Player of the Year, per release.

Michigan's Juwan Howard has been named AP National Coach of the Year, per release.

Howard was terrific. But anyone who watches Gonzaga and doesn’t think that’s basically a perfectly coached team, I don’t really have anything for you.

Bill Self has signed a lifetime contract at Kansas, per the school.

His current contract, which had one year remaining, is being replaced with a new five-year rolling agreement that automatically adds one year at the conclusion of each season for the remainder of his career.

borzello 

17 hours ago, Demo said:

Howard was terrific. But anyone who watches Gonzaga and doesn’t think that’s basically a perfectly coached team, I don’t really have anything for you.

Right. They are talented and skilled, but not even close to some of the other really good teams we've seen in the last several years. They are smart and smooth- the result of good coaching.