Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Just the other day, I watched the IU-UNC game from the NCAA tournament in 1984. Simmons started for us then. 

I wonder how his health is. I recall a few years ago watching us play Evansville when he was the coach, and not to sound harsh, but he was grossly overweight. Hope he's healthier now. 

I watched that game just a few days ago. Marty couldn’t hit a FT. I had actually forgot about guys like Marty and Mike Giomi.

1 hour ago, kreigh8 said:

I love watching the way Gonzaga plays. I hope Mike Woodson can bring this kind of offense to the IU squad next season. Phinisee and Lander should be taking notes from Suggs on how to play the PG position

They’re great. Tough to instill that in one year or even two. Those guys move, cut and pass in a way that has to be continually cultivated. Normally freshman can’t integrate like Suggs has. He’s damn smart and skilled for a freshman.  

But yea... it’d be awesome if IU could get some semblance of that going. 

Just now, str8baller said:

They’re great. Tough to instill that in one year or even two. Those guys move, cut and pass in a way that has to be continually cultivated. Normally freshman can’t integrate like Suggs has. He’s damn smart and skilled for a freshman.  

But yea... it’d be awesome if IU could get some semblance of that going. 

Just watch how quick they get the ball across the half court - I'm not asking to score 90 a game year 1, but surely they can stop walking the ball up the court and have a sense of urgency in getting into an offense or heaven forbid get out in transition.

20 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

The only team beating Gonzaga is a hot shooting Baylor team

Exactly. This may be the best team of the three-point era. Gonzaga moves the ball much better than anyone right now.

23 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

The only team beating Gonzaga is a hot shooting Baylor team

The only team hat will prevent Gonzaga from winning is Gonzaga.  If they play their best nobody is beating them

The guys who are in at garbage time for Gonzaga:

-Martynas Arlauskas: top international recruit in 2019
-Dominick Harris: top-75 recruit
-Julian Strawther: top-75 recruit
-Ben Gregg: top-100 recruit
-Oumar Ballo: top int'l recruit in 2019

Laughable how talented this team is.

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

The guys who are in at garbage time for Gonzaga:

-Martynas Arlauskas: top international recruit in 2019
-Dominick Harris: top-75 recruit
-Julian Strawther: top-75 recruit
-Ben Gregg: top-100 recruit
-Oumar Ballo: top int'l recruit in 2019

Laughable how talented this team is.

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Because they are a good  GREAT P5 caliber team in a pathetic conference.

Fixed it for you.

When will people realize that Gonzaga is legitimate? It took them awhile to finally get over the hump and into the Elite 8... But once they did...

First 15 seasons(seed)..

Sweet 16(10)

Sweet 16(12)

First Round(6)

Second Round(9)

Second Round(2)

Second Round(3)

Sweet 16(3)

First Round(10)

First Round(7)

Sweet 16(4)

Second Round(8)

Second Round(11)

Second Round(7)

Second Round(1)

Second Round(8)

Then the last 6 tourneys...

Elite 8(2)

Sweet 16(11)

Runner Up(1)

Sweet 16(4)

Elite Eight(1)

Final Four(1) and maybe further. 

It’s crazy that Few has been able to build that at a tiny Catholic school in Spokane. Gonzaga has less than 7,500 students. I really commend Few for staying the course. BS could have done something similar at Butler if he had stayed, but his ambition got in the way of that. And he’s just getting started. When Suggs becomes an NBA star, his recruiting will be off the charts. Few has the best job in CBB; winning with no boosters breathing down his neck.

1 minute ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Playstation/ X-box fantasy land here-

'76 Hoosiers vs '21 Zags..   who ya like? 

The zags. I could only take the Hoosiers if we upgrade their athletic ability, nutrition and athletic training. Or maybe if we used refs from ‘76. Or maybe if we removed the 3 point line.

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

It’s crazy that Few has been able to build that at a tiny Catholic school in Spokane. Gonzaga has less than 7,500 students. I really commend Few for staying the course. BS could have done something similar at Butler if he had stayed, but his ambition got in the way of that. And he’s just getting started. When Suggs becomes an NBA star, his recruiting will be off the charts. Few has the best job in CBB; winning with no boosters breathing down his neck.

Recruiting has already taken off. Right now they have the #6 and #53 players in the 2021 class. 

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Have you seen his recruiting class next year? Duke/UK level. Unreal.